B2650 MMM with spacers

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
So the Kubota website won't let you build a B2650 with spacers if you include a MMM (60" or 72"), but I've seen a couple people in old threads say despite that, they've added spacers with no issues.

Can anyone provide clarity on this? Will the MMM of either size really work with rear spacers added? If so, any idea why the Kubota website says it won't work?

Thanks

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Well it all depends...read through those old threads carefully. If you have turf tires on factory rims and factory spacers you will have interference such that you can't lift the deck high enough to lock it out of the way if you want to do something with the loader. You can mow with it as long as you put a stop on the 3 pt lift so you don't lift the deck into the tire. That is what I have.

If you have other tires or other rims it MAY work out ok.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I haven't bought the tractor yet. But I'd be using stock wheels with R4 tires. I operate on some substantial hills, which is why I'd like the spacers.

I'd probably never hook the mower up in the top position, but naturally I would like to be able to lift the mower up while traveling.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Does Kubota even offer spacers? I thought that was all aftermarket stuff. Kubota won't endorse any aftermarket items that I'm aware of. Not Kubota or Landpride it's not....

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Does Kubota even offer spacers? I thought that was all aftermarket stuff. Kubota won't endorse any aftermarket items that I'm aware of. Not Kubota or Landpride it's not....
Yes.

1 3/8" only.

I have a set on my B3350 for tire chain clearance.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
So the Kubota website won't let you build a B2650 with spacers if you include a MMM (60" or 72"), but I've seen a couple people in old threads say despite that, they've added spacers with no issues.

Can anyone provide clarity on this? Will the MMM of either size really work with rear spacers added? If so, any idea why the Kubota website says it won't work?

Thanks
Turf tires will interfere with the gage wheels on the 72' and the anti scalp rollers on the 60" even with the Kubota 1 3/8" spacers.

The optional, oversized R-4 tires also interfere with spacers and either mower. Maybe without spacers.

I'm getting ready to install a RC72-30B on my B3350 with Kubota 1 3/8" spacers to see if it will work. I believe it will work as I have standard sized R-4 tires. I'll post back once I do but it will be a few days.

SDT

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Turf tires will interfere with the gage wheels on the 72' and the anti scalp rollers on the 60" even with the Kubota 1 3/8" spacers.

The optional, oversized R-4 tires also interfere with spacers and either mower. Maybe without spacers.

I'm getting ready to install a RC72-30B on my B3350 with Kubota 1 3/8" spacers to see if it will work. I believe it will work as I have standard sized R-4 tires. I'll post back once I do but it will be a few days.

SDT
Nice, looking forward to hearing the results. I'd just be going with standard-sized R4 tires as well.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Nice, looking forward to hearing the results. I'd just be going with standard-sized R4 tires as well.
Sorry for the delay. I discovered that I did not have mid mower brackets so needed to round up a set.

Installed lift mechanism yesterday and mounted/adjusted mower today. No issues with RC72-30B on B3350 with standard size R-4 tires and Kubota supplied 1 3/8" spacers. Planned to measure clearances but forgot and MMM has already been removed and stored.

Mounting the 72" MMM is kind of a PITA as compared to the 60" MMM on my B1750HST. Had already put full set of 5 front weights on the 3350 for use with 5' rotary cutter so didn't want to try to drive over MMM as per instructions. Besides I have no suitable wheel chocks to keep MMM from rolling away.

Set gage wheels to minimum cutting height and drove 3350 onto 1 thickness of 2X6 (all 4 wheels). After doing so it is possible to roll MMM in from the right side.

After finishing, I realized that I should have taken photos but did not do so.

SDT

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
PA452, fyi, the oversize tire package for the B2650 is some serious meat, they look awesome too

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
PA452, fyi, the oversize tire package for the B2650 is some serious meat, they look awesome too
Agreed, but they gear it up, add weight, especially if loaded, preclude the use of tire chains, and interfere with all MMMs. They also require steering limiters increasing turning radius.

I had originally speced them for my 3350 but changed my mind after learning about the required steering limiters and tire chain interference.

SDT

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Yeah, I'd rather stick with the size wheels the tractor was designed for.

I actually had the opportunity to try out a B2650 a month or so ago that had oversized wheels. It belonged to a guy on another forum and he let me try it out, very nice of him. Just driving around it didn't feel underpowered but he had some power issues when running a rear finish mower apparently, and I'm guessing that was a contributing factor.

Interference with a MMM is also a deal breaker for me though anyway.

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
Good points, I run a RFM, thought it was the mention as those Big Boys sure look Good..