B2650 Low Oil Press @ Startup

T760AC

Equipment
B2650, Allis Chalmers CA
Jun 17, 2017
Western NY
I have been getting used to my B2650 that I got about 1 month ago and now have ~20 hours on it.

I have noticed that when I start the engine after it has been sitting for a day or two the low oil press light stays on for about 1-2s. If I am using the tractor and restart the light is off instantly. I replaced the oil filter thinking the drain back valve might not be working, but it is the same with the new filter.

Is this normal for b2650? My next step is going to check the oil pressure with an actual gage if this isn't normal behavior

What does you B2650 do during a start after sitting a couple days

Philly20

Equipment
L2501 HST
Jan 5, 2016
Michigan
I see this is an older thread. Sorry no one responded. All I can tell you is I have a B2601 and I'm experiencing the same thing. I thought the 50 hr service and oil change would solve it, but it still does it. Oil pump losing prime?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Another reference to your problem :

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=239865

If only for a second or two....and that best be a short second;) - I would say everything is normal, the fact that it holds the prime when "warm" says that the pump is working as it should - and changing the filter did not help the situation, I would say it is somewhat normal for the engine.

I too would run a very good oil in that engine, on the only downside I see is a low viscosity oil will bleed off easier when sitting a long time, but at the same time it will pump up a lot quicker - that 1-2 second could be cut in half:D:)

What oil did you use in the change ....viscosity wise?

Jim Bud

Equipment
B2650 HST, 60"mmm, LA534 FL, 72" rear blade
Nov 8, 2017
Sedalia, CO
Maybe the pressure switch is set at a fairly high pressure, so it takes a bit of time to turn off the light??