B2650 Configuration Question

eng1886trk

Equipment
2016 B2650, 60" bucket, QH15, RB1572, LR1572, BB1260, 42" forks
Mar 9, 2016
Lancaster, PA
Hello all! I'm a new member, however I have been lurking through all the posts on here for recommendations and ideas for quite some time.

I am getting my thoughts together before I head to the dealers. In doing so I have came up with a two questions and I am hoping to get some feed back.

First here is what I am looking to quote out:
B2650, FEL w/ 2 Lever Quick Coupler, 3rd function, 60" bucket, BH77 w/ 12" bucket.

Questions I have are first, the price. I have read that 10-15% off the Kubota website it typical; is this correct? I plan on checking Messicks and Hoober in SE PA. I have my max price in mind and I hope the BH won't put me over that. If not, no BH for me.

Second, I have read the R3 vs R4 argument over and over; my question is I have yet to see R3s with a BH. I know ply and sidewall rating come into play and a BH77 is quite heavy. Is anyone running R3 with a BH. I know they do that with the BX25D but again, haven't seen that on a Plain B.

Hoping to go visit a dealer this weekend, we will see though.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The price is whatever a dealer want to set it at, there is no minimum or standard.

Yes R4's (industrial) work better with a BH, they have a higher weight rating.
R3 (turf) have a lot more side wall to flex and that can get you into trouble with a BH's weight shifting around.

I've never seen a BX25 with R3's on it, I guess it's possible, it is just a tire????

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
The price for reference is between 10 & 15% off list, but there are promos...financing...older stock and good old negotiation skill to get the price from a dealer. The tires can be had either style or even full AG, how and where will you be using the tractor the most will guide the tire selection. I love my R4, but might pick up some turfs for mowing, easy to swap with a loader & BH.

zin01

Sep 8, 2016
Royse City
Eng1886 did you end up picking up a B2650? What kind of deal did you end up getting? I'm going to be buying in the next month or 2

demPho

Sep 5, 2016
Ocala, Florida
I just got back from a trip to my dealer. Stressful week at work and needed to purge the ole brain. Since I don't own it yet, I had to go take the B2650 for a spin.

I had been battling the L2501 vs. B2650 dilemma but have settled with the B. Just have to stall until our closing on the property!

I am going with the R3 tires since I'll be doing mostly mowing with some light loader and scraping work. Can't speak with any certainty about the R3 with the BH though.

B2650HST 4wd with 60"MMM, 60" quick attach bucket with QA forks, and 60" Landpride grading scraper. I'm looking at $23k and change but there has been no negotiation to this point. A bit more than I want to put up, but the rebates on a similarly configured L2501 only save you about $1200, and I don't need that much machine or weight. Little bit more money, but I think it'll be the more responsible decision in the long run.

Just my recent experience trying to pick a side!

Last edited:

eng1886trk

Equipment
2016 B2650, 60" bucket, QH15, RB1572, LR1572, BB1260, 42" forks
Mar 9, 2016
Lancaster, PA
I ended up getting the B2650 with loaded R4 tires, QA 60" bucket, Kubota 3rd function and QA 42" Land pride pallet forks. I was out the door for $22k with insurance and taxes and delivery included.

I didn't get to BH77 and I am now kicking myself for not getting it. This will be a future purchase.

Tractor wise, it is the best thing I have ever bought. Works flawlessly and impresses me all the time.

I recently picked up a practically new Land pride bb1260 box blade of Craigslist and it pulls it around with no issue.

Last edited:

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
I run mine with turfs, unloaded. Oem Spacers. You can't get 6 or 8 ply turfs if you try. I was concerned with the weight rating too.

I haven't had any issues to date running the BH. Close to 20 hours total so far. I try to be cautious, but I always end creeping up a few feet when I'm digging.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your machine!

Last edited: