B2650 are all bolts metric?

Rob 80

Equipment
B2650 HSD
May 9, 2016
WVA
Looking to buy some sockets sets to work on my B2650 when needed. Are all bolts on the tractor metric? If so are they 12 point or 6 points?

I guess 3/8 would be a good size to buy sockets in.

Thanks!

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
All the bolts should be metric hex bolts (6 points). You can use 6 point or 12 point sockets but you will probably be happier using 6 point since you won’t round off the bolts as easy.

They are usually larger than expected so I suggest you get a 1/2 set to allow you to get the larger ratchets for more more leverage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
I have removed the entire dash, hood, and floor on my B2650 and every bolt was metric -- the vast majority were 10mm. You will do fine with a 3/8 driver, metric sockets, and a set of extensions.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
All the bolts should be metric hex bolts (6 points). You can use 6 point or 12 point sockets but you will probably be happier using 6 point since you won***8217;t round off the bolts as easy.

They are usually larger than expected so I suggest you get a 1/2 set to allow you to get the larger ratchets for more more leverage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am with Russell King in suggesting both 3/8 and 1/2 drive sockets. You don't have to buy serious sets like a full time mechanic would use.

Often owners are neglecting to retorque wheel lugs and FEL hardware bolts and these need much more than a 3/8 drive.

Often when you are starting out to turn wrenches, buying a click type torque wrench will help ensure you are not breaking things.

A broken off bolt is a major challenge.

Dave

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Good advice given just remember you don't need the best but you sure don't want the cheapest either, you get what you pay for. Also great advice on the torque wrench.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Harbor Freight has all kinds of Metric and SAE socket sets. I bought a set of impact metric sockets for $20, 13 deep sockets from 10mm to 32mm. You can find 20% off coupon on line. I am going to get a set of SAE too. As an added bonus the sockets have a life time warranty, you don't even need a receipt because they are the only ones that sell the Pittsburgh brand per the sales lady. Are they the best in the world? No, but my mechanic nephew said they are okay for residential maintenance.