B2650 60” mmm questions?

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
So I currently have a bx2370 with a 60” mmm. I never been too crazy about the quality of the cut. I did put some gator blades on and it did improve and im now ok with the cut results. Anyway, im really considering jumping to a b2650 for bigger tasks id like to tackle. However, id need my tractor to be a mower as well so id be getting a 60mmm for the 2650. I love all the advantages for the bigger machine but my concerns are cut quality. Im hoping to at the very least have the same cut quality as my bx2370 offers. Does anyone have any info they would like to share? My yard is very smooth and doesnt retain water so im not worried about ruts, just mowing/finish quality. Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
So I currently have a bx2370 with a 60” mmm. I never been too crazy about the quality of the cut. I did put some gator blades on and it did improve and im now ok with the cut results. Anyway, im really considering jumping to a b2650 for bigger tasks id like to tackle. However, id need my tractor to be a mower as well so id be getting a 60mmm for the 2650. I love all the advantages for the bigger machine but my concerns are cut quality. Im hoping to at the very least have the same cut quality as my bx2370 offers. Does anyone have any info they would like to share? My yard is very smooth and doesnt retain water so im not worried about ruts, just mowing/finish quality. Thanks in advanced.

I have mowed with my B2650 and 60"mmm for 3 yrs now. The cut is golf course quailty. It mows really well and has a great cut. It is a great setup. I know there are several other owners on here with the same set up and same opinion. You wont be disappointed.

View attachment 35414

Last edited:

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
I have mowed with my B2650 and 60"mmm for 3 yrs now. The cut is golf course quailty. It mows really well and has a great cut. It is a great setup. I know there are several other owners on here with the same set up and same opinion. You wont be disappointed.

View attachment 35414

Thanks for the response. Your lawn looks great!
Another question, how do the b2650 mower decks lock in the top position? Is there a knob to turn or do you physically have to crawl under the tractor and use pins to lock the deck out in the top position?

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Thanks for the response. Your lawn looks great!
Another question, how do the b2650 mower decks lock in the top position? Is there a knob to turn or do you physically have to crawl under the tractor and use pins to lock the deck out in the top position?
To lock the mmm up, there are brackets on the mmm and hanging down from the frame. One on each side. With the deck all the way up the holes all line up and you slide a pin through the holes to hold the mmm up to be able to use the 3pt for something else. You put the pins in from each side of the tractor. You do not have to get underneath.

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
To lock the mmm up, there are brackets on the mmm and hanging down from the frame. One on each side. With the deck all the way up the holes all line up and you slide a pin through the holes to hold the mmm up to be able to use the 3pt for something else. You put the pins in from each side of the tractor. You do not have to get underneath.

Thanks so much for the info! Im gonna gonna contact the dealer today and go through with my trade in for the b2650 setup.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Thanks so much for the info! Im gonna gonna contact the dealer today and go through with my trade in for the b2650 setup.
Good deal. The B2650s have been really good machines! You should really enjoy it. Good luck with your purchase.

OrangeBX

Equipment
Bx2680 FEL, MMM 60", EA 5' rear blade, lp ph10 auger, 50" tiller
Apr 24, 2016
North of Zachary, La
This may be of some help, as I know your tractor has more torque than mine. I have a bx2680 with 60in non drive over, and it cuts so well, I can hardly get over it!
Thats up from a bx2200 with a 54.

Last edited:

barmstro

Equipment
b1860, b2650, front end loaders, box blade mmm, rear and front snowblowers
Dec 1, 2017
minnesota
HI
I went from a bx1860 mmm mower to a cabbed b2650, i hung a 72" mmm under the belly, the mower is very heavy duty, It cuts better than my mmm on my BX1860, I have what some would consider a lumpy yard. I hope you enjoy the B2650 I did add 2" wheel spacers for stability.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
HI
I went from a bx1860 mmm mower to a cabbed b2650, i hung a 72" mmm under the belly, the mower is very heavy duty, It cuts better than my mmm on my BX1860, I have what some would consider a lumpy yard. I hope you enjoy the B2650 I did add 2" wheel spacers for stability.
Wheel spacers are incompatible with the 72" deck, as the rear gage wheels will hit the tires.

Just wondering how your 72" deck does with your "lumpy" yard? Any significant scalping issues?

SDT

John Lash

Equipment
B2100, B2650
Nov 23, 2017
Elizabeth, Pa.
Groomerbuck, Wow, I was going to get on here and tell you how great the 2650 cuts.

I see that you already found out. Kubota should buy that second pic from you.

I got the 2650 specifically for the ground contact mower deck. I had the same deck on my old Kubotas. The newer style suspended decks just didn't seem as though they'd give the same cut quality.

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Groomerbuck, Wow, I was going to get on here and tell you how great the 2650 cuts.

I see that you already found out. Kubota should buy that second pic from you.

I got the 2650 specifically for the ground contact mower deck. I had the same deck on my old Kubotas. The newer style suspended decks just didn't seem as though they'd give the same cut quality.
I agree about the terrain following decks.

I have a B1750HST with 60" terrain following MMM. This has been the best mowing deck that I have ever owned or operated.

I just bought a new B3350 without deck but one of the reasons that I bought it was that I can still get a terrain following deck for it if I choose to do so.

I would not own a suspended deck.

SDT

John Lash

Equipment
B2100, B2650
Nov 23, 2017
Elizabeth, Pa.
When I was tractor shopping last fall all the smaller tractors had suspended mower decks up to and including a B2610. I ended up with the B2650 to get the ground contact mower.
There isn't much difference in price between suspended decks and contact decks. My old B2100 had a ground contact and smaller B7200 had the same deck so it must not be horsepower issues.