B2650 50 hour service- what to do?

skinnypez

Equipment
B2650
Jun 23, 2018
Missouri
Manual doesn't call for transmission fluid change until 400 hours, but Kubota's website says to change it at 50 hours (with caveat that the instructions are generic and to refer to your manual)

https://www.kubotausa.com/service-support/maintenance-schedules/check-points-maintenance-schedule

That seems like a pretty big difference- seems odd to me that any specific model would call for a fluid change after 8 times as long as their generic suggested interval.

Doing my 50 hour service this week (actually not at 50 hours yet, but I don't want to let it go too much longer)- do you think I should change the fluid or just the filters like the manual calls for?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Manual doesn't call for transmission fluid change until 400 hours, but Kubota's website says to change it at 50 hours (with caveat that the instructions are generic and to refer to your manual)

https://www.kubotausa.com/service-support/maintenance-schedules/check-points-maintenance-schedule

That seems like a pretty big difference- seems odd to me that any specific model would call for a fluid change after 8 times as long as their generic suggested interval.

Doing my 50 hour service this week (actually not at 50 hours yet, but I don't want to let it go too much longer)- do you think I should change the fluid or just the filters like the manual calls for?
Kubota calls for hydraulic/HST oil change at initial 50 Hr. service for some models but not all. I always change it but you will be fine if you follow the recommendations in your Owner's Manual.

SDT

powersrp

Equipment
B3350
Apr 2, 2017
Indian River MI
I would change it all, its a good time to look at the hyd oil and see whats going on inside the tranny, there is a lot of metal floating around in there, and repeat at 400 hrs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rcflyer330

Equipment
Kubota B2650 Cab, B2779 Broom, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 rear blade
Oct 14, 2019
Traverse City, Michigan
The owners manual says 400 hrs the work shop manual says 50 for the first hst oil change. When I did mine I did not do a full change just the filters. If I where to do it again I would change the hst oil at 50 hrs. My reasoning being when I took the hst filter off I lost about 2 quarts and the fluid that came out had some silvery metal in it. I do think that just changing the filter will be fine thought. If it causes a problem down the road well then so be it I followed the what the owners manual said at 50hrs.

The choice is entirely up to you if you want to change the fluid do it if not then don't. Quite a few people have just done just the filters and so far I havent heard of any problems with that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
skinnypez, at my first 50 hour service interval I wasn't sure what to do either. But instead of losing some fluid on the floor during a quick filter change, I decided to buy a new empty 5 gallon pail to first drain the oil into before changing out the filters. If the oil looked good it could just be dumped back in after the filter changes. However, the oil was pretty darn scuzzy, fine metal particles in it, dark in color, and just plainly looked like it shouldn't be returned to the tractor's sump. Bought a 5 gallon pail of new hydro oil from Kubota dealer and was done with no mess, no worries, and a cleaner sump in the tractor. Glad I didn't wait to the 400 hour mark to change it out.

david

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I did the full change at 50 hours and was surprised how much cap was in the oil. I am glad it won't be in there any longer.

I also did the front axle and it had crap in it.

My services are all one ahead. I started with the ford motor racing break in, I do it with every new engine I get the chance to.

skinnypez

Equipment
B2650
Jun 23, 2018
Missouri
Follow up: oil change done, no problems.

Hydraulic fluid- drained- total newb and not sure what it's supposed to look like, but it was dark enough that waiting until 400 hours like the manual says seems like it would have been a bad idea.

But...issue with suction filter? We are in quasi-lockdown mode here so when I told dealer what I was doing, he brought out all the filters/fluid in a box since nobody is allowed in the showroom/parts area, but after putting on the suction filter (Part# HH670-37712) I'm wondering if I have the right part?

I've only changed filters on cars before and never really seen the business end...is this the correct filter? It seems like the seating end of the filter wouldn't be that much bigger than the part of the tractor it's seating against?

Messick's doesn't list B2650 model for this part number; Coleman's only lists B2650 w/cab and mine is open station.

Please let me know if I have the right filter, and sorry if my picture is the wrong size...I will watch the post and delete it if it jacks up the thread.

Thanks!

Attachments

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
hmm,

Part numbers that I have are as follows:

Suction Side:
HH670-37710 FILTER(OIL,CARTRIDGE)

HST Filter:
HH660-36060 CARTRIDGE,OIL FILTER

I just replaced my HST filter last month. I recall when I picked it up from a dealer, he told me that the PN had changed. I used HH660-36060 for the trans filter.

You can go here for parts information:

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

Attachments

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
hmm,

Part numbers that I have are as follows:

Suction Side:
HH670-37710 FILTER(OIL,CARTRIDGE)

HST Filter:
HH660-36060 CARTRIDGE,OIL FILTER

I just replaced my HST filter last month. I recall when I picked it up from a dealer, he told me that the PN had changed. I used HH660-36060 for the trans filter.

You can go here for parts information:

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/
HH670-37710 has been replaced by HH670-37712, see link

Attachments