B2650 3 pt stopped working

Redtoorange

Equipment
B2650, BH77, 63" front mount snowblower, land pride bb,fel
Apr 7, 2017
Ont, Canada
One of my circlips came off my 3 pt lift arms and popped the spline shaft seal out, draining the UDT. I replaced the circlip and refilled the reservoir but the 3 pt does not work. There is no resistance manually lifting the 3 pt and regardless of the lever position it drops immediately when i let go of it. The draft control has no effect whatsoever. Loader, brakes and steering all work fine and nackhoe line is recirculating. I tried loosening the hydraulic filter and letting some drain out incase of an airlock but that did nothing. I am stumped. I had both arms off and the splined moved freely but made a clunking noise and a bit of a suction noise.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
One of my circlips came off my 3 pt lift arms and popped the spline shaft seal out, draining the UDT. I replaced the circlip and refilled the reservoir but the 3 pt does not work. There is no resistance manually lifting the 3 pt and regardless of the lever position it drops immediately when i let go of it. The draft control has no effect whatsoever. Loader, brakes and steering all work fine and nackhoe line is recirculating. I tried loosening the hydraulic filter and letting some drain out incase of an airlock but that did nothing. I am stumped. I had both arms off and the splined moved freely but made a clunking noise and a bit of a suction noise.
I sense there is more to this situation and suggest it might help in giving you advice if a more complete picture was given.

Having a snap ring come off is most unusual. Do you know there is a correct and an incorrect way for the snap ring to be installed.

Dave

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
You show to have a BH77. Make sure the loop hose at the back for the hoe is properly seated in the quick connect. Release tractor hydraulic pressure, and disconnect and reconnect the loop.

Redtoorange

Equipment
B2650, BH77, 63" front mount snowblower, land pride bb,fel
Apr 7, 2017
Ont, Canada
One of the first things i did was disconnect and reconnect the loop connection. While it was disconnected I made sure the pressure was released. I can see the loop hose jerk when I activate the loader so I know the loop is connected. A couple of months ago I replaced the left lift arm and I must have not seated the snap ring properly or it was weakened when I removed it and re- installed it on the new part. I would like to look at an exploded diagram but can’t find one.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
One of the first things i did was disconnect and reconnect the loop connection. While it was disconnected I made sure the pressure was released. I can see the loop hose jerk when I activate the loader so I know the loop is connected. A couple of months ago I replaced the left lift arm and I must have not seated the snap ring properly or it was weakened when I removed it and re- installed it on the new part. I would like to look at an exploded diagram but can’t find one.
You can download the WSM for free from here:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Since you are above the wrong latitude you’re not able to access the Kubota USA site that has an illustrated parts list. Messick’s or Coleman’s may allow you to but there should be similar sites in Canada.

You may have a problem with the feedback linkage being bent or an internal rod that should be sitting on the piston in a socket falling off the socket if the arms went too far up. I don’t know how that would have happened in your description of events.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Further to my post #2 in this thread wherein I mention the correct orientation of snap rings or cir-clips, below is a section from a Kubota WSM.

forum snap rings 1.jpg

Installed the correct way they resist an incredible axial force. Facing the wrong way the tend to come out of the groove causing lots of damage to the face of the groove. The rounded edge tends to slide up the groove until it pops free.

Dave