B2650 3 point question?

Jim Bud

Equipment
B2650 HST, 60"mmm, LA534 FL, 72" rear blade
Nov 8, 2017
Sedalia, CO
I have a new B2650 and I just noticed that there is no way to "lock" the position of the 3 point. There is no way to limit it either.
Is there something missing on my tractor or is this normal??
I'm not close to the dealer so I can't easily stop by to take a look....
Thanks

John Lash

Equipment
B2100, B2650
Nov 23, 2017
Elizabeth, Pa.
There should be an adjustable "knob" that you can unscrew, move and then retighten to adjust how far down the 3 point can go down.

Jim Bud

Equipment
Nov 8, 2017
Sedalia, CO
There should be an adjustable "knob" that you can unscrew, move and then retighten to adjust how far down the 3 point can go down.
Thanks, there is no screw on my new tractor....I'm guessing that it was either never installed or it was loose and fell off during the truck ride out.
I'll call the dealer and request help....

Tractor NUG

Equipment
B2601, LA434 Loader, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 Rear Blade,TowBar,HLA 60" Grapple
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
Hey Jim, not sure if this is what you are talking about but i just bought a B2601 and directly below the front of my seat there is a big knob that i can turn to adjust the speed of the 3 pt hitch ( slower or faster ) and also if I turn it all the way clockwise it will lock the 3 pt in its current position. Also similar to what the last gentleman replied, there is also a little knob on the slider of the lever on the fender that raises and lowers the 3 pt, which you can slide along and set to a specific position that you have raised the 3 pt. I am pretty sure the 2650 and 2601 have similar features. hope that helps.
GP

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
Can you explain more fully what you mean by "lock" the 3 point? Are you talking about operating it from the seat (e.g., moving it up and down) or are talking about some adjustment in the arm sway or spacing?

The other posters above me mentioned a knob. The B2650 does not have any such knob to control the 3 point. There is, however, a black lever to your right, just past the 2WD/4WD selector, that controls the height and is numbered (at least on my B2650) from 1 (lowest) to 8 (highest).

Jim Bud

Equipment
Nov 8, 2017
Sedalia, CO
Can you explain more fully what you mean by "lock" the 3 point? Are you talking about operating it from the seat (e.g., moving it up and down) or are talking about some adjustment in the arm sway or spacing?

The other posters above me mentioned a knob. The B2650 does not have any such knob to control the 3 point. There is, however, a black lever to your right, just past the 2WD/4WD selector, that controls the height and is numbered (at least on my B2650) from 1 (lowest) to 8 (highest).
I'm familiar with the controls.....what is missing is the little knob/screw on the 3point control on the right fender that allows you to set a STOP at some level.
On my tractor this screw knob is missing.....
I'm not talking about the control valve between your legs the adjusts the 3point flow rate/shut off.

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
I didn't get that clearly from your original post. My B2650 does have a lock nut to set a stop on the 3 point position control. I checked the Kubota parts list and, curiously, it doesn't show this part as you can see on the attached image.

You can see it, though, on page 50 of the Operator's Manual but there is no discussion of it. Also curious is that page 51 of the Manual shows a "lowering speed knob" between the operators legs. My tractor does not have that knob.

I would just call the dealer to ask them whether they can identify the part number and send it to you.

Attachments

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I looked at the owner's manual, page 44 for the B2650HSDC, and it shows
(A) "Float" for the forward, lowest position of the 3pt lever. Still learning about this tractor, found out about the FEL float but did not know the 3pt had a float function. Has anyone used this float function for the 3pt? I could see using it with the blade reversed, so that it does not dig in, to smooth the driveway gravel or snow.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I looked at the owner's manual, page 44 for the B2650HSDC, and it shows
(A) "Float" for the forward, lowest position of the 3pt lever. Still learning about this tractor, found out about the FEL float but did not know the 3pt had a float function. Has anyone used this float function for the 3pt? I could see using it with the blade reversed, so that it does not dig in, to smooth the driveway gravel or snow.
The three point cylinder lifts an impliment, but has no down pressure. With nothing hooked to it you can grab and lift the 3 pt arms right up by hand in any position. Whenever you lower it is floating. Just the weight of the impliment holds it down.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
So the 3pt is always floating so to speak? Wonder why they have that (A) position as float? Learning about this Kubota is like a real education, always something new.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
So the 3pt is always floating so to speak? Wonder why they have that (A) position as float? Learning about this Kubota is like a real education, always something new.
Position A I assume is all the way down. So then it would float all the way down . If it was set to a higher position, it would only float down to that position, if that makes sense.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Yep, makes sense and the weight of the blade/implement applies the downward pressure, not the 3pt lift arms. Guess that is why they call them lift arms, just thought of that one, lol.