B2620 glow plug trouble shooting

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Calhoun, read your Owners Manual! It tells you how to use your glow plugs for starting

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Everyone should own a good multimeter and be trained to use it correctly.

It removes pretty much all doubt and guesswork.
100% agree with this. My multimeter has saved me untold thousands of dollars in unnecessary part replacements and time.

There are however, exceptions on occasion. Like intermittent electrical complaints/problems. Those are the worst.

This just happened to me on a 03 Chevy with a starter problem. After hours with the meter, testing every single ground/connection I ended up just replacing the starter and BAM, it fired right up.

I even took it to a local starter/alternator rebuild place and they tested it in front of me, but in the end my gut feeling took over and it ended up being something internally intermittent.

Reactions: 1 users

Wull

Equipment
Tractor
Mar 21, 2023
Scotland
100% agree with this. My multimeter has saved me untold thousands of dollars in unnecessary part replacements and time.

There are however, exceptions on occasion. Like intermittent electrical complaints/problems. Those are the worst.

This just happened to me on a 03 Chevy with a starter problem. After hours with the meter, testing every single ground/connection I ended up just replacing the starter and BAM, it fired right up.

I even took it to a local starter/alternator rebuild place and they tested it in front of me, but in the end my gut feeling took over and it ended up being something internally intermittent.
I’ve had to replace 4 starters in the last two years on various machines that would bench test just fine but under load they wouldn’t work, swapped out for a new one and it fired up, same happened to me on my own car a few years ago and another car I had back in 2015.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Yes but he said in his first post that it doesn’t have preheat position on the ignition barrel and I can only go by what he says, if it were like the 2150 which I do know then I’d have said yes because you have to turn the key to that position and hold it there to power the plugs but he said it doesn’t have it or no special position for the glow plugs just turn the ignition on then start.

Check connectors and also remove the ignition barrel and check for continuity between glow plug wire at the Ignition barrel and the glow plug wire at the glow plugs
I don't know about his, but my B2620 has a glow plug position on the key switch.

Reactions: 1 user