B2601 vs B2650

howie70

Equipment
BX2370
May 29, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Thanks guys. I think I'm back to being settled on the B2650. I just don't want to give up the extra FEL capacity for what I have in mind for the forks and grapple.

Here's a question for anyone who has a B2650 with a backhoe and mower. One salesman made me aware that the B2650 isn't quite so convenient in terms of switching between the backhoe and mower, since you need the 3ph arms on to lift the mower, and off for the backhoe. I saw there are brackets mounted to the lower 3ph arm mounting pins that just kind of hook the 3ph arms for the purpose of lifting the mower. I saw there's a way to pin up those lift arms so when you have the mower off and you're using the 3ph, you don't have to remove those brackets. But when I switch to a backhoe and need to remove the 3ph arms, do those brackets come off as well or do they stay on those pins and just get pinned up in the front? Basically what all is involved in switching between the backhoe and mower on a B2650?

Thanks again
Have you got your B2650 yet? If so, whats your thoughts? (especially on hills/slopes) I'm in the same boat trying to decide between the 2601 & 2650. The stability is my biggest concern right now. I will be using it a good bit to mow with. I have had a zero turn and it did not work well at all on the slopes on my property and a RFM is out due to maneuvering around all my trees.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Have you got your B2650 yet? If so, whats your thoughts? (especially on hills/slopes) I'm in the same boat trying to decide between the 2601 & 2650. The stability is my biggest concern right now. I will be using it a good bit to mow with. I have had a zero turn and it did not work well at all on the slopes on my property and a RFM is out due to maneuvering around all my trees.

Don't have it yet, but I did finally sell my BX23 and order the B2650. Could potentially have it late next week. Excited and nervous at the same time.

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
No need to be nervous, no looking back, once you put her to work, all will be good.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I put the 2***8221; Bro-Tel spacers on mine, really made a difference just like on my BX. I can tell you from my experience going from a BX23s to a B2650 the B was much more stable on the hills, that was in comparison to a BX with 2***8221; spacers then when I added the 2***8221; to the B I was amazed at how solid it felt. Good luck and enjoy, I love mine...I know this winter I will be longing for a cab.

howie70

Equipment
BX2370
May 29, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, VA
I put the 2***8221; Bro-Tel spacers on mine, really made a difference just like on my BX. I can tell you from my experience going from a BX23s to a B2650 the B was much more stable on the hills, that was in comparison to a BX with 2***8221; spacers then when I added the 2***8221; to the B I was amazed at how solid it felt. Good luck and enjoy, I love mine...I know this winter I will be longing for a cab.
Do you have the mmm on yours?
And for some reason the text in your post is whacky where you state the size. Did you use 2 inch spacers?

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Spacers may work with the 60" deck but better check the overall rear tire width because even adding 2" on each side may be getting your tires about the same width as the cut.
I was considering adding spacers on my previous B2650 with 72" deck but after looking it over there wasn't enough room for even 2".