B2601, recommended options?

davidmem

Equipment
Soon to be owner of Kubota B2601 Toro TimeCutter Model 7577
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
David,

it sounds like you got 2 sets of rear remote hydraulic valves that you plan to use for top and tilt. In my advice to Tim, ( the post you replied to) I suggested that he consider the need for rear remotes, I did not mention top and tilt. There are many uses for rear remotes other than top and tilt. I use my rear remotes for, rear snowblower (rotate and chute angle), top link, tilt trailer, rear blade angle adjustment and other uses.

I have hydraulic top links On my 3 tractors but do not run 3 pt hydraulic tilt cylinders on any of them. Personally I would not fit hydraulic tilt to a B2601 as it is a fairly light tractor and does not have a great capability for heavy ground work, this is the reason you are not finding the option readily available.

Brian at Fit Rite does great work and he will make what you need if you want a tilt, he has always been backed up with 6 months work or so.

My suggestion is to buy an off the shelf hydraulic top link for now, get some use on your tractor and the attachment that you may think you want the tilt for. After some use if you still want a 3. Pt tilt cylinder order it from Brian.

Good luck with your new equipment.
Thanks, yes, great suggestion, top hydraulic and manually tilt when needed. I only have one big project (for me) planned, that is leveling 3/4 of an acre that was an old hay field.

And yes, I did come to the conclusion that this is not common on a b2601 because it is a light tractor.

And at least I will have the remotes if I ever need them and I'd rather have the tractor delivered that way.

I'm looking forward to the new adventure and appreciate the support on the forum.

David

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Thanks, yes, great suggestion, top hydraulic and manually tilt when needed. I only have one big project (for me) planned, that is leveling 3/4 of an acre that was an old hay field.

And yes, I did come to the conclusion that this is not common on a b2601 because it is a light tractor.

And at least I will have the remotes if I ever need them and I'd rather have the tractor delivered that way.

I'm looking forward to the new adventure and appreciate the support on the forum.

David
If you're levelling a field, I don't imagine you'd want to adjust the tilt much - you'd level your implement and leave it that way. Hydraulic tilt makes a bit more sense on a driveway when you're trying to put a crown on it, or constantly adjusting your angle for drainage or similar. IF you're setting it and leaving it for an hour at a time, hydraulic isn't useful, and may be of negative value if it leaks/moves a bit.

Reactions: 1 user

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
If you're levelling a field, I don't imagine you'd want to adjust the tilt much - you'd level your implement and leave it that way. Hydraulic tilt makes a bit more sense on a driveway when you're trying to put a crown on it, or constantly adjusting your angle for drainage or similar. IF you're setting it and leaving it for an hour at a time, hydraulic isn't useful, and may be of negative value if it leaks/moves a bit.
Thank you. I'll make it work without the hydraulic tilt. There are areas where tilt would have helped where I need to cut into the side of a slope. I can do it manually with the adjustment. As I tried to educate myself on how to do the job I want, I see there are times you want to dig with the leading edge, times you want to smooth using the rear edge. It will all work out. I just don't know if I'll ever use the second rear hydraulic and that's fine. Probably cost me 400 bucks or so. No worries, going to make some rookie mistakes.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I see a theme here: those who do not have hydraulic tilt often say; it's not needed.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
I see a theme here: those who do not have hydraulic tilt often say; it's not needed.
I see a theme, some don't see different people's needs. I have a small property, 1.5 acres, handful of projects, and don't need to make money off my tractor. I'm retiring, have lots of time, and don't want to spend $700 for a feature I will most likely use a handful of times at most. Configuring the machine correctly is the theme I'm after and more important than pleasing people who say add every feature under the sun. It can become endless following your logic. "Those who don't purchase a backhoe say it's not needed". There goes $8k for a lawn ornament. We got your point from the earlier posts. Appreciated. We get your point. But others have different needs and applications. That's my theme.

Last edited:

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I see a theme, some don't see different people's needs. I have a small property, 1.5 acres, handful of projects, and don't need to make money off my tractor. I'm retiring, have lots of time, and don't want to spends $700 for a feature I will most likely use a handful of times at most. Configuring the machine correctly is the theme I'm after and more important than pleasing people who say add every feature under the sun. It can become endless following your logic. "Those who don't purchase a backhoe say it's not needed". There goes $8k for a lawn ornament. We got your point from the earlier posts. Appreciated. We get your point. But others have different needs and applications. That's my theme.
might have hit a nerve, the theme I am referring to is if you research old posts, you will see this with some consistency. You have solicited suggestions, so you are getting them. Sounds like you found the right setup for yourself. good luck!