B2601, recommended options?

Impala

Equipment
L3302 prior B2601, prior BX2230
Jan 16, 2021
WI
The price of the tractor can get overwhelming fairly quickly. My dealer is awesome and gives discounts on all Land Pride equipment regardless if you buy the tractor from them or not. They only thing you need right away would be the 3rd function if you really want a grapple because it would be nice to have it dealer installed right away. Otherwise it can be added when you do your 50 hour service (if you don't do it yourself). Maybe start with a box blade. It is very handy and works as at least some ballast for the loader. Otherwise you can get stuff as you need it. I have not had very much luck with used impliments. Maybe expensive stuff like a rototiller? Even the brush hog just made more sense to buy a new LP with the prices people are asking for used stuff. I run a 60" hog with no issues. Sometimes I am mowing 7' weeds.

Impala

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
WI
That has me excited. My dealer had a ton on order so maybe they will start trickling in soon!

Impala

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
WI
I went with the 60". Usually I am not maxing out the weight so the extra capacity will be nice.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I don't see any downside to the 60", unless you have a particular task that needs a narrow bucket. The 60" can take more material than the 54" when it's light material, and if it's super heavy material then just fill the 60" the same amount you'd fill the 54". I'm not that great at tractor use anyway, the likelihood I'll have a heaping bucket of anything isn't huge - the 60" lets you still have a lot in a part bucket.

Of course, in NZ the 60" isn't an option, so I have the 54", and it's just fine as well.

Desert Kubota

Equipment
B2601
Feb 1, 2021
El Paso Texas
Just tagging in to this conversation as I just received my b2601 last month(after waiting five months). Two thumbs up on the pallet forks! Use them more than I thought and keep finding more reasons to use them. Orange is cool.

Jamiec

Equipment
B2601
Jun 30, 2020
Trenton ontario
Just tagging in to this conversation as I just received my b2601 last month(after waiting five months). Two thumbs up on the pallet forks! Use them more than I thought and keep finding more reasons to use them. Orange is cool.

I'm the same, always a reason to use them.

Impala

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
WI
Still waiting on my B2601. Wife green lighted a 3rd function valve as she wants to get a grapple. Any advantage/disadvantage of the Land Pride vs Kubota? How much did dealer charge with install? Thanks.

Tim1983

Jan 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Still waiting on my B2601. Wife green lighted a 3rd function valve as she wants to get a grapple. Any advantage/disadvantage of the Land Pride vs Kubota? How much did dealer charge with install? Thanks.
We had added a 3rd function to the FEL, rear remote, and rim guard for tires. All together I think that added about $1500. That was for the original new one we had quoted. They were not able to give a real timeline for a new one, so we switched to a used one. Same exact set up, 1 year old, 50hrs, $4500 less.

The cost of 3rd functions, rim guard, other add additions may be one of the few places a dealer can really "offer a deal". If the shop is not busy because there are no new tractors to assemble, they may not care about labor cost. If they are swamped because all the new tractors just arrived, it may be a different story.

Make no mistake, dealers (car tractor or otherwise) are in the business of making money.

Impala

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
WI
Thanks. Fortunately my local dealer offers pretty smokin' deals. Even though tractors are at a premium because Kubota cannot keep up I received a substantial discount. My B2601 with quick tach 60" bucket with loader and rimguard is 16,750 delivered (w/o sales tax). I will contact them about the 3rd function. Now it just needs to get here.....

davidmem

Equipment
Soon to be owner of Kubota B2601 Toro TimeCutter Model 7577
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Tim,

It's exciting getting a new tractor and I think you are wise to reach out and ask for input. I have to say I have purchased 3 Kubota tractors, a Kubota track loader & a Kubota Excavator. I have never purchased a Land Pride attachment from a dealer and in fact have never purchased any tractor attachment from any of the dealers that I purchased my tractors from. I don't think Land Pride is bad in any way, in fact I own several Land Pride attachments that I purchased used on Craigslist. I have asked my tractor dealers for attachment pricing on a number of occasions but always found a significantly better deal on new attachments from elsewhere.

I believe that the attachment market is rapidly changing from the model of manufacturers selling through dealers to manufacturers selling directly to end users, this is pricing out the dealers selling attachments unfortunately but it also creates many manufacturers offering good quality innovative products at reasonable prices, with direct delivery to the end users.

My advice would be to focus on your tractor first and what features or accessories should come with the tractor from the dealer. I understand that you want a B2601, with front end loader and maybe a MMM. You should decide what type of tires you want, there is a different cost for each type and some have adjustable track widths too. Then you should decide if you want the rear tires loaded to help give some ballast when you are using the front end loader. You should make sure your FEL has a SSQA to be able to quickly swap from bucket to forks and grapple. I would add a rear work light fitted to the ROPS, this is a low cost add on that is very useful. In my opinion these are your initial decisions to ensure you get your tractor with the correct basics.

The next thing to consider is the 3rd function valve to provide front hydraulic connections on your loader and if you are going to fit any rear hydraulic remotes on the back of the tractor. I honestly believe that this work can be done at any time and will be the same price, if you are not skilled in this area I strongly suggest that you have the dealer who supplies your tractor do this work. These add on's are expensive and are longer term decisions. I just booked 2 of my tractors in at the dealer to add hydraulics this month, prices are the same as when I purchased them 3 years ago. You need to ask yourself do you need these hydraulics in your use? If you do not have budget restrictions I would tell you to fit the 3rd front function and 2 sets of rear remotes. Uses for the front include grapple, land shark tree trimmer, tree / post puller. Uses for rear include top link or top and tilt links, dump trailer, snow blower, angle blade, attachment with road wheel lift etc.

I suggest you sort those decisions out first and see what your remaining budget is for other attachments.

I recommend a set of forks, if you do buy them consider weight but make sure you buy adjustible width forks, I would also buy a forkframe with a headache rack to provide protection. on my smaller loader I use a set of UA 42", I think these would be a good size for your B2601, Land Pride make something similar maybe lighter PFL12 Series. UA fork frame also comes with a receiver mount option, good to move empty trailers.

I see that you want a rotary cutter or brush hog, I think a B2601 will run a 48" unit if you are cutting heavier cover or a 60" unit if it is a lighter model. In the past I purchased my first units on Craigslist found what really worked for me then upgraded to a new model in some cases and never lost more than $50 for any used attachment that I found through Craigslist. I purchased some attachments and sold them as I learned that they did not really do the job I anticipated or that they were just not needed!

An attachment that I would recommend is a rear ballast box, take a look at palletforks.com they make a version that is not expensive and will carry a compact rear load to help you use your loader. I buy bags of gravel and just drop them into the ballast box.

Another low cost attachment I would recommend is a 3pt receiver hitch, this allows you to tow and move things.

I have purchased a lot of large heavy attachments through Everything Attachments and have never been disappointed with their attachments.. For brush hogs I really like Woods equipment and have heavier cutters. I just purchased a very affordable grapple at MTL attachments, they have lots of models for under $1,000 shipped, Everything Attachments makes a very nice light Wicked grapple but you will spend double. A B series does not have the power or weight to rip up the ground too much with a grapple, select a design that fits your needs, ground work, tearing out brush and / or carrying brush and cut wood.

For a tiller I suggest you buy used and try one, you commented that you only have a days work for one, can you borrow or rent one? Again find out what size and type work for you.

I suggest order and spec out your tractor, decide which attachments you must have right now with the tractor, ask your dealer for the must have attachment pricing and compare whats in the market. Wait until you get your tractor to get a feel of using it and it's capabilities before buying more, consider used attachments.

I've made a lot of suggestions, I hope they help you in decision making.

Good luck getting things sorted out.
Tons of great info, and much of what I used to order my B2601. I did get a pair or rear remotes, but can't find a side hydraulic link for it. FitRite attachements can get it done, but the price for the full TNT is $1003 with 28 week lead time. I just don't get the picture? If TNT is so desireable, is it just in "big" tractors and the reason why I can't find anyone who scored a side hydraulic link for the Kubota B2601? Something is not adding up.

Any suggestions where to get the hardware to go with the expensive remotes I ordered? That's canned advice here, and I see why, but should I not have followed that advice because I have a "small tractor"?

I appreciate your opinion and/or help.

David

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
you just answered your own question.
Fair enough, but those who said "get rear remotes for TNT" should be aware that there are very limited options for certain tractors. I may go with Fit-Rite, but it appears to have a great deal of mark-up. I will poke around and see if ANYBODY has a B2601 with TNT that DID NOT come from FitRite.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Fair enough, but those who said "get rear remotes for TNT" should be aware that there are very limited options for certain tractors. I may go with Fit-Rite, but it appears to have a great deal of mark-up. I will poke around and see if ANYBODY has a B2601 with TNT that DID NOT come from FitRite.
lol "mark up"?! You have a guy making custom links, one at a time, in his shop, right here in the USA.

not many 2601 side links in stock on store shelves. You could always DIY if you are exceptional at welding thick steel, with proper geometry, to hydraulic cylinders, capable of withstanding great forces.

Reactions: 3 users

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
lol "mark up"?! You have a guy making custom links, one at a time, in his shop, right here in the USA.

not many 2601 side links in stock on store shelves. You could always DIY if you are exceptional at welding thick steel, with proper geometry, to hydraulic cylinders, capable of withstanding great forces.
That's a fragile supply line. He gets sick, hurt or otherwise.... Hard to believe there is one supplier in the entire country.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT

....I haven't even found a sidelink that's compatible with a B2601 even if not in stock.

Last edited:

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Tons of great info, and much of what I used to order my B2601. I did get a pair or rear remotes, but can't find a side hydraulic link for it. FitRite attachements can get it done, but the price for the full TNT is $1003 with 28 week lead time. I just don't get the picture? If TNT is so desireable, is it just in "big" tractors and the reason why I can't find anyone who scored a side hydraulic link for the Kubota B2601? Something is not adding up.

Any suggestions where to get the hardware to go with the expensive remotes I ordered? That's canned advice here, and I see why, but should I not have followed that advice because I have a "small tractor"?

I appreciate your opinion and/or help.

David
David,

it sounds like you got 2 sets of rear remote hydraulic valves that you plan to use for top and tilt. In my advice to Tim, ( the post you replied to) I suggested that he consider the need for rear remotes, I did not advise him to buy a top and tilt setup. There are many uses for rear remotes other than top and tilt. I use my rear remotes for, rear snowblower (rotate and chute angle), top link, tilt trailer, rear blade angle adjustment and other uses.

I have hydraulic top links On my 3 tractors but do not run 3 pt hydraulic tilt cylinders on any of them. Personally I would not fit hydraulic tilt to a B2601 as it is a fairly light tractor and does not have a great capability for heavy ground work, this is the reason you are not finding the option readily available.

Brian at Fit Rite does great work and he will make what you need if you want a tilt, he has always been backed up with 6 months work or so.

My suggestion is to buy an off the shelf hydraulic top link for now, get some use on your tractor and the attachment that you may think you want the tilt for. After some use if you still want a 3. Pt tilt cylinder order it from Brian.

Good luck with your new equipment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user