B2601 for mowing lawn

Traderdell

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BX2370 (sold)
Apr 29, 2016
Clifton Springs,NY
Hello all, first post so of course I've got a question. I'm going to purchase just one machine and hope to use it for all my chores.

I need it to handle a rotary tiller, a grapple and a FEL. It will also be called upon to be my lawn mower. Lawn is approximately four acres wit a fair number of trees. I like my lawn and don't want to use a machine that will rip it up. I'd be open to using either a mmm or a rfm.

So the question is: do I get the B2601 or sacrifice the ground engagement and grapple for a machine such as a BX2680 which I presume would do a better job of mowing but not as good a job with a tiller or grapple?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I have the older version, a B2620 and I would say the B2601 is the perfect tractor.

I have moved 330 tonnes of gravel with mine, made one mile of bush road, and it mows perfectly with no turf damage and I have R4 industrial tires.

It will do everything you need it to do.

Traderdell

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BX2370 (sold)
Apr 29, 2016
Clifton Springs,NY
I have the older version, a B2620 and I would say the B2601 is the perfect tractor.

I have moved 330 tonnes of gravel with mine, made one mile of bush road, and it mows perfectly with no turf damage and I have R4 industrial tires.

It will do everything you need it to do.
Thank you, this is what I was hoping to hear!

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
You will have no problem doing what you want to do with that tractor. I also wanted one tractor to do all my chores. I went with the B2650 with 60" mmm and turf tires. It works out very well for me and mows awesome. It has a nice turning radius and is very maneuverable. I also mow my property out back with a 72" rfm, run a 66" rototiller, boxblade, and do all of my snow removal, living in the snow belt in NE Ohio there is quite a bit. These tractors are set up really nice for switching mowers and implements around. I just got done installing myself dual rear remotes on my tractor and a third function setup for front loader attatchments, which I will post in the future. Good luck with you decision.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
2601 is an awesome machine & handles anything you will want to do.

i dont mow grass with it. (tried it just to see if could get rid of the ZT)

SURE you can!!

but it doesnt hold a candle to a good ZT mower for speed & not tearing anything up. 4 acres is less than an hour on a good ZT.