B2601 FEL Capabilities

msmcknight

Equipment
B2601
Oct 30, 2017
Statesville, NC, USA
Hi guys,

I'm still trying to understand what the capacity numbers on a LA434/B2601 loader mean...

If the breakout force is 1521 lbs at the pivot pin, does that mean it should be able to curl 1521 lbs?

If lift capacity is 948 lbs at the bucket pivot pin (max height), should I be able to pick up a pallet loaded with 948 lbs of material? What if I just want to lift the pallet off the ground about 6" ... should I be able to lift more than 948 lbs? Capacity goes down the higher the load is lifted, right? So if the limit is 948 lbs 7' in the air, what is the capacity at 6"?

What's the heaviest load any of you may have lifted with a B2601 and a set of forks? At what heights were you lifting?

Thank you,
-Michael

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Pivot pin is where the bucket rotates or pivots. A lot manufacturers use pivot pin as a spec? :confused:

You don't typically use that as a lifting point. I tell every customer the real number is 500 MM forward spec. or 659 pounds

Pat

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
When I was having hooks welded on my bucket, I had one welded on backwards.

In that way, if I have to lift a load at the limit of my FEL, I run the chain over the top of the bucket and down between the FEL and front of the tractor securing it to the backwards hook.

Sometimes it gives me just that little extra lifting power as the lifting point is now very close to the bucket pivot pins.

Dave

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I have the B2620 (basically the same as the newer B2601 capacity wise) and I unloaded a 534 pound crate (wood splitter) off my flat bed trailer with these bucket forks.

They take a lot off your capacity because they add so much leverage out front of the bucket, but it could lift and curl that 534 pounds effortlessly. I was pretty suprised and impressed.

That's the only thing I had an actual documented weight on. And I know it will lift more than that now.

Attachments

msmcknight

Equipment
B2601
Oct 30, 2017
Statesville, NC, USA
Thanks guys. Can anyone explain what it means in the B2601 brochure when it says "...breakout force is 1521 lbs at the pivot pin..." -- and the number jumps to over 2000lbs at 19" out. It sounds like that would be a curl. I mean what else would be the "break-out?"

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Yes, that is the curl power when you engage the bank.....the power it has to curl and break in to the pile.

anavidi

Equipment
B2601
Nov 28, 2017
POWAY
Hi guys,

I'm still trying to understand what the capacity numbers on a LA434/B2601 loader mean...

If the breakout force is 1521 lbs at the pivot pin, does that mean it should be able to curl 1521 lbs?

If lift capacity is 948 lbs at the bucket pivot pin (max height), should I be able to pick up a pallet loaded with 948 lbs of material? What if I just want to lift the pallet off the ground about 6" ... should I be able to lift more than 948 lbs? Capacity goes down the higher the load is lifted, right? So if the limit is 948 lbs 7' in the air, what is the capacity at 6"?

What's the heaviest load any of you may have lifted with a B2601 and a set of forks? At what heights were you lifting?

Thank you,
-Michael
These are all great questions, and exactly the thoughts that went through my head when reading the specs for the first time. How do I know what this thing can or can't lift?!?

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
A "rule of thumb" (and that's just what it is, a "generality") with Kubota loaders is that the number on the side of the loader, e.g. LA1353, LA525, etc multiplied by TWO is roughly your lifting capacity at the bucket pin. So an LA525 would be 1050 lbs, or an LA434 would be roughly 868 lbs at the pin. Again just a generality as there is some variance, but this gets you real close.

....And...the lifting capacity is based on a certain hydraulic pressure, and may (will) change depending on whether the rear of the tractor is counterweighted by, say, a finish mower or bush hog, weight box, etc. I know that an L2501 won't pick up 1050 lbs (LA525) without lifting the rear tires without a counterweight of some sorts. And fluid filled tires only help marginally; need the weight BEHIND the tires.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
....And...the lifting capacity is based on a certain hydraulic pressure, and may (will) change depending on whether the rear of the tractor is counterweighted by; need the weight BEHIND the tires.
Great point, lugbolt.

I have a friend with a Mahindra.

His selling point was the FEL lifting capacity nearly doubled a similar Kubota. Think it's an equivalent to a Kubota B, with almost a 2,000 lb lift capacity.

I said good luck....you'll never see it......except on your nose, if your front axle can handle it for long!!

anavidi

Equipment
B2601
Nov 28, 2017
POWAY
A "rule of thumb" (and that's just what it is, a "generality") with Kubota loaders is that the number on the side of the loader, e.g. LA1353, LA525, etc multiplied by TWO is roughly your lifting capacity at the bucket pin. So an LA525 would be 1050 lbs, or an LA434 would be roughly 868 lbs at the pin. Again just a generality as there is some variance, but this gets you real close.

....And...the lifting capacity is based on a certain hydraulic pressure, and may (will) change depending on whether the rear of the tractor is counterweighted by, say, a finish mower or bush hog, weight box, etc. I know that an L2501 won't pick up 1050 lbs (LA525) without lifting the rear tires without a counterweight of some sorts. And fluid filled tires only help marginally; need the weight BEHIND the tires.
This just blew my mind! I love tools like this!

Is there any rough rule of thumb to calculate lift capacity as you move further from the pins, like subtract X amount of pounds for every inch away from the pins?

Thanks for sharing.

wardsfarmnj

Equipment
2016 L3901 FEL 2004 BX1500 FEL 71" Tiller 37" Tiller 71" Finish Mower Flail Mow
Jul 8, 2015
Mannington Twp. NJ
I was literally just looking at this as I am moving to a larger farm and may need to move round bales

anavidi

Equipment
B2601
Nov 28, 2017
POWAY

I just learned that the number on the side of the FEL is the lift capacity at the bucket pins in kilograms! And there’s about 2.2 lbs in 1kg hence the rule of thumb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNWexcavator

Equipment
Kubota U35 Excavator Chevy 1-ton Dump truck B2650
Jun 19, 2017
San Juan islands, Wa San Juan

I have a question. The other day I used my friends L3400 tractor with a la465 loader and a heavy duty clamshell bucket to load sand into my dumptruck.
My B2650 has a La534 loader with a 54" bucket. The L3400 is differently a bigger tractor and the loader and bucket look bigger than mine. It lifted full scoops with no problem. It took a minute to get used to it but was fun to drive a bigger machine! Question is: Why the smaller Number on the L3400 loader. I am guessing it is 6 or 7 years old at least.

Thanks in advance for your responce(s)! I really appreciate all the knowledge on this site!