B2601 Delivered today!

Tractor NUG

Equipment
B2601, LA434 Loader, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 Rear Blade,TowBar,HLA 60" Grapple
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
Congrats on the new machine! I have had a grapple on my radar for a while. Didn't realize HLA made grapples - I have a 7' ssqa snow blade from HLA, and it is very well made also. Definitely going to look at their grapples...

Grapple is a must for sure. I knew I needed one for sure. I have. About 4 actress of woods and a lot is dead wood and brush. I used it yesterday to clear out a lot of bush and dead wood and that thing was awesome.

The area to the left I grappled - it used to look like the area on the right. I took it slow and it digs up the roots, old wood , big stones and rocks really well. Then I closed the grapple and carried it over to my dump area and dropped it. I even used it to lift a big stone a little and then pushed it off about 15 feet out of the way. Tractor whines a little bit but it did the job.

Tractor NUG

Equipment
B2601, LA434 Loader, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 Rear Blade,TowBar,HLA 60" Grapple
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
I picked up a ballast box at pallet forks.com for my B2320.

It's narrow enough to not get in the way when using the fel and cost about $150 delivered. Of course you can make one yourself if so inclined. You may want a quick hitch as well if you start getting other attachments.

Thanks! I will take a look.

Tractor NUG

Equipment
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
Your owners manual for the loader should address this, as should the dealer (most good ones won't even sell a loader without it...). Filling the tires IS NOT adequate rear ballast since it's not behind the rear axle. It's great for traction-but not offset the loader.

Your wheel coming off the ground is extremely dangerous for you and your machine.

Kubota makes a ballast box, as does Titan (imported from CHINA-mixed reviews on quality) or can can use an implement. Heavy Hitch also sells a nice setup that uses suitcase weights-good deall on shipping them via Fastenal too if you have one close.

Here a link to an article I wrote on the GTT forum, yes different color but same theory: http://www.greentractortalk.com/for...s/4363-what-rear-ballast-why-do-you-need.html

Hey also. Do I need ballast on the back to Snowplow the driveway? I was assuming not since the unit is mounted in the front and I am not lifting anything except the snowblower. ?

78Vette

Equipment
F2690
Mar 14, 2010
SW Ont. Canada
I have about 1.25 kms of driveway to clear.
I love the B series. If i am ever buying another tractor, this is it!
Congrats and buy yourself a cab for the winter. Even a cheap soft one will be better than being out in the wind. I made my own out of 1.5 angle iron and skinned it with Lexan and a plywood roof. No heat or other fancy stuff, but it sure made it nice on a windy -25C day. 1.25 km is nothing to sneeze at..
Enjoy!

Tractor NUG

Equipment
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
I love the B series. If i am ever buying another tractor, this is it!

Congrats and buy yourself a cab for the winter. Even a cheap soft one will be better than being out in the wind. I made my own out of 1.5 angle iron and skinned it with Lexan and a plywood roof. No heat or other fancy stuff, but it sure made it nice on a windy -25C day. 1.25 km is nothing to sneeze at..

Enjoy!

Thanks - I was thinking it might get a little chilly out in the open for that long. Cheers!

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
An enclosure is definitely a good idea, reason I got the B2650 cab model. I also have a Raider fabric enclosure and grip warmers for my Honda ATV and it made a world of difference last few years plowing snow. First year with Kubota cab tractor with heat, used the AC this summer and it was sweet.

Tractor NUG

Equipment
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
An enclosure is definitely a good idea, reason I got the B2650 cab model. I also have a Raider fabric enclosure and grip warmers for my Honda ATV and it made a world of difference last few years plowing snow. First year with Kubota cab tractor with heat, used the AC this summer and it was sweet.

That sounds great. I was taking a note to drop by the work clothes store to pick up some warm outerwear. The Can sounds a whole lot better. [emoji106]

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Hey also. Do I need ballast on the back to Snowplow the driveway? I was assuming not since the unit is mounted in the front and I am not lifting anything except the snowblower. ?
In my opinion, yes...just not as much. I don't know what that snowblower weighs, but I assume it's 250-300lbs? If your rear get light, then you will have to use 4WD more to make up for the slipping rears, and while that is not always a bad thing, the front is meant to assist with traction, not be the primary source of propulsion.

Tractor NUG

Equipment
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
Your owners manual for the loader should address this, as should the dealer (most good ones won't even sell a loader without it...). Filling the tires IS NOT adequate rear ballast since it's not behind the rear axle. It's great for traction-but not offset the loader.

Your wheel coming off the ground is extremely dangerous for you and your machine.

Kubota makes a ballast box, as does Titan (imported from CHINA-mixed reviews on quality) or can can use an implement. Heavy Hitch also sells a nice setup that uses suitcase weights-good deall on shipping them via Fastenal too if you have one close.

Here a link to an article I wrote on the GTT forum, yes different color but same theory: http://www.greentractortalk.com/for...s/4363-what-rear-ballast-why-do-you-need.html
Hey I read your article- explains it very well and clear- I get it now. Thanks a lot- appreciate it and will find something very soon. Cheers

Tractor NUG

Equipment
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
So I spent a little time today and made a video. Not professional by any means but thought i would put something together since I watched so many others as I was trying to research my purchase and they helped alot. Thought you might enjoy it or might be helpful- Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yxqa-dWgVQ

Tractor NUG

Equipment
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
You dont NEED a cab, just put your Ski Doo helmet and suit on. Thats what I do. And, HE GOT a HAT !
Skidoo suit sounds like a plan:) Yes, I was going to ask the dealer for a hat but figured I would test him to see if he gave me one- he did. :) Sign of a good dealer.
Cheers!