B2601 Delivered today!

Tractor NUG

Equipment
B2601, LA434 Loader, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 Rear Blade,TowBar,HLA 60" Grapple
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
At last, my B2601 arrived today! Used it all afternoon after I got the overview from the dealer. Great guy. I bought a few implements to start - a Grapple (which I used for a couple of hours today and it works awesome!) and a Snowblower as winter is fast approaching. I have about 1.25 kms of driveway to clear. The Grapple was from HLA Attachments- tough, strong and mean looking and it dug through the roots no problem including digging up rocks and boulders with no problem. Pretty excited- tractor is really great.

Attachments

Tractor NUG

Equipment
B2601, LA434 Loader, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 Rear Blade,TowBar,HLA 60" Grapple
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
Thanks :) Really happy - lots of work to do on my property. Cheers!

Tractor NUG

Equipment
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
Thx-Can't wait to fire it up in the morning again.

Tractor NUG

Equipment
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
Hey Btw- how do you create a picture on your profile - I don't see anywhere to allow me to upload one

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Hey Btw- how do you create a picture on your profile - I don't see anywhere to allow me to upload one
Click on User CP at the top left of the page. Then click on Edit Avitar in the colum of choices on the left. Choose Custom and it has an option to upload a picture of your own choice.
Nice tractor and enjoy.

Tractor NUG

Equipment
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
Congrats on the new machine!
I don’t see anything mentioned about rear ballast, what do you have for that?
I would appreciate any thoughts you have on that. I have nothing yet and am not sure how to address that. They filled the back tires with beet juice and I was looking at getting a Dump Box for the back, and perhaps putting some blocks in it for weight, and I will need something to carry my firewood and tools etc when working out on the property. I noticed yesterday when driving that it might need some weight in the back- I drove over a slight bumpy ground area sideways and the left back wheel came right off the ground. Do you have any ideas for ballast?

Tractor NUG

Equipment
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
Click on User CP at the top left of the page. Then click on Edit Avitar in the colum of choices on the left. Choose Custom and it has an option to upload a picture of your own choice.
Nice tractor and enjoy.
Got it - thanks .:)

Tractor NUG

Equipment
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
Didja sleep last nite! I'm getting my Kubota out today to play!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honest - not much - I feel like a little kid - always wanted a tractor and can't wait to jump on it again this morning. It feels really great not to have to ask my neighbour now to help me with his tractor all the time anymore (although he has always been good about it) and to be able to manage things on my own now- Feels good not to have to pay someone else to lay gravel and grade my driveway anymore, feels good not to have to pay someone else to plow my driveway, feels good to just get on it yesterday and start grappling the bushes and clearing the area around my shed without having to pay someone else or arrange help and wait. I could go on but I think you get the picture. Really happy. :)

NBKubota

Equipment
2650HSDC
Aug 3, 2017
New Brunswick
Congratulations! I just got my first tractor in August, always wanted one as well.

I think I'm going to need more implements though, as every time I see someone with something cool (like a grapple), i think to myself, hey i need one of those! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Congrats on the new machine! I have had a grapple on my radar for a while. Didn't realize HLA made grapples - I have a 7' ssqa snow blade from HLA, and it is very well made also. Definitely going to look at their grapples...

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I picked up a ballast box at pallet forks.com for my B2320.
It's narrow enough to not get in the way when using the fel and cost about $150 delivered. Of course you can make one yourself if so inclined. You may want a quick hitch as well if you start getting other attachments.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
I would appreciate any thoughts you have on that. I have nothing yet and am not sure how to address that. They filled the back tires with beet juice and I was looking at getting a Dump Box for the back, and perhaps putting some blocks in it for weight, and I will need something to carry my firewood and tools etc when working out on the property. I noticed yesterday when driving that it might need some weight in the back- I drove over a slight bumpy ground area sideways and the left back wheel came right off the ground. Do you have any ideas for ballast?
Your owners manual for the loader should address this, as should the dealer (most good ones won't even sell a loader without it...). Filling the tires IS NOT adequate rear ballast since it's not behind the rear axle. It's great for traction-but not offset the loader.

Your wheel coming off the ground is extremely dangerous for you and your machine.

Kubota makes a ballast box, as does Titan (imported from CHINA-mixed reviews on quality) or can can use an implement. Heavy Hitch also sells a nice setup that uses suitcase weights-good deall on shipping them via Fastenal too if you have one close.

Here a link to an article I wrote on the GTT forum, yes different color but same theory: http://www.greentractortalk.com/for...s/4363-what-rear-ballast-why-do-you-need.html

Tractor NUG

Equipment
Sep 17, 2017
Canada
Your owners manual for the loader should address this, as should the dealer (most good ones won't even sell a loader without it...). Filling the tires IS NOT adequate rear ballast since it's not behind the rear axle. It's great for traction-but not offset the loader.

Your wheel coming off the ground is extremely dangerous for you and your machine.

Kubota makes a ballast box, as does Titan (imported from CHINA-mixed reviews on quality) or can can use an implement. Heavy Hitch also sells a nice setup that uses suitcase weights-good deall on shipping them via Fastenal too if you have one close.

Here a link to an article I wrote on the GTT forum, yes different color but same theory: http://www.greentractortalk.com/for...s/4363-what-rear-ballast-why-do-you-need.html

Thanks. I will definitely read through it and get myself set up. Have a great weekend. [emoji106]