B2601 and Firewood

Dgas47

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Nov 28, 2018
McKees Rocks, PA, USA
Just some pictures of my B2601 lifting 275 gallon IBC totes of firewood. I found the sweetspot for green beech is loading each tote to the first horizontal support below the top. Average lift height is 4'. The machine can easily lift it and doesn't tear up the grass when going through it. Win win for me. When measured and calculated it is 1/5 of a cord of wood per tote.

The pictures were taken off of my surveillance system.

I have an acre and plenty of woods. This machine seems to be the perfect size for my needs. I would recommend one to anyone who will listen.

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Im betting you could stack them IBC totes 2 high, with a bit of thinking sure would save time and space

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Maybe it's for your picture taking, but having the tote up as high as you have it has no apparent purpose. Looks like you're putting yourself at risk.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Quote: "This machine seems to be the perfect size for my needs. I would recommend one to anyone who will listen."

That's what I have been promoting all along with my B2620 Pics threads.

For anyone that wants one machine that can do anything and everything and can be easily paid for without breaking the bank, the B is the best machine out there.
From a property maintenance standpoint there is nothing they can't do and at a low ownership cost.

And for all those that are going to chime in and say well it can't do large round bales or whatever else.....no it won't, but with the proper sized implements it CAN still bale hay or run a seed drill. And it can still finish mow your lawn around the house, LOL.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Yes, but its like saying I “can” dig a 200 ft long 3ft deep trench with a shovel.
Certainly it is a capable machine, but let’s not get carried away :)

Dgas47

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Nov 28, 2018
McKees Rocks, PA, USA
Maybe it's for your picture taking, but having the tote up as high as you have it has no apparent purpose. Looks like you're putting yourself at risk.
The purpose of lifting each tote that high was to see if I will be able to stack them 2 high with the amount of wood in them. Each one answered, "yes." They were brought down to about 6 inches when I was actually transporting them.

Dgas47

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Nov 28, 2018
McKees Rocks, PA, USA
Im betting you could stack them IBC totes 2 high, with a bit of thinking sure would save time and space
Which is exactly why I lifted each tote as high as I could to see if I could stack them. Now all I have to do is find level enough land to do so. But then again, I guess I do have a tractor that can do that :D

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Yes, but its like saying I “can” dig a 200 ft long 3ft deep trench with a shovel.
Certainly it is a capable machine, but let’s not get carried away :)
Well they work for me anyway. Built one mile of bush road, moved over 330 metric tonne of gravel, back filled a septic, firewood, snow removal, mowing, etc.
And was cheap enough I didn't have to finance anything and it uses barely any fuel.

Like I said not perfect for everyone, but it is for someone that doesn't want to go into debt and still have one machine capable of doing anything.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34775

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Well they work for me anyway. Built one mile of bush road, moved over 330 metric tonne of gravel, back filled a septic, firewood, snow removal, mowing, etc.
And was cheap enough I didn't have to finance anything and it uses barely any fuel.

Like I said not perfect for everyone, but it is for someone that doesn't want to go into debt and still have one machine capable of doing anything.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34775
That quick hitch in your photos appears to be Kubota blue? Very nice.

Not sure why Land Pride doesn't include that color in their QH lineup.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
It's a Braber Equipment quick hitch. I never really thought about how it matches, LOL.

I just got it because it is identical to the Land Pride and was half the price.