B26 TLB tier 4?

rjv140

May 31, 2016
Pa
Does the b26 have a tier 4 motor? If so, since when? I am thinking about picking up a b26 but a non- tier 4 model.

rjv140

May 31, 2016
Pa
Pardon my ignorance, so does that mean it has all this new emissions/electronic stuff?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18025

Tier IV is a set of standards for how much particulate matter, etc can be in the exhaust from an engine of a given size. How the company meets that stndard is up to them. So a small Tier IV compliant engine may meet those standards with just a redesign of the engine. Big engines with potentially more emissions may have more gadgets attached to them to reduce those emissions, kind of like the catalytic converters that have been added on cars for years. There are a whole bunch of different strategies used by Kubota on the tractors. One way to see what is on a specific engine is to download tne parts diagrams from the Kubota website, and/or look at the e brochure for that tractor. To see what all the different acronyms mean, like EGR, DPF etc, the link above has some information.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Pardon my ignorance, so does that mean it has all this new emissions/electronic stuff?
There is no computer driven emission system! So the actual cut off line is 27hp and above has to have the DPF, SCR, DEF or EGR.

FYI no apologies necessary!;)

Pat