B26 TLB hydraulic thumb (Australia)

DWM21

Equipment
1501zl and bx23s
Dec 6, 2021
Biloela
Hi All,
I've just ordered a B26b TLB and my dealer has informed me that kubota does not offer the hydraulic thumb in Australia on this model. has anyone in Aus fitted an after market hyd thumb or imported the kit from the states? I've seen the kits on the net that are available in the states but don't ship to Australia. any help would be appreciated. thanks Dave

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hi All,
I've just ordered a B26b TLB and my dealer has informed me that kubota does not offer the hydraulic thumb in Australia on this model. has anyone in Aus fitted an after market hyd thumb or imported the kit from the states? I've seen the kits on the net that are available in the states but don't ship to Australia. any help would be appreciated. thanks Dave
I do hope that you can resolve this!
A hydraulic thumb is a lot like sliced bread...
Once you have it, you will never want to be without it.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Messicks dont ship to Australia, thanks
You could also try Colemanequip.com ( Kubota dealer).
Maybe you could work out a shipping arrangement with them?

Custom Kubota thumbs are also available from: Oxthumbs.com, in Carrollton, Ga.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would think you could get a local welder / fab shop to make it for far cheaper than just the shipping costs.

Reactions: 1 users

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
While the Kubota tractors are made in Japan, the loaders and backhoes are made in USA or Canada for their tractors. Imagine the same world wide. Here the stick has weldments for the thumb weather you order one or not. Yours might not.

If available I would get the quick attach option especially with the thumb. Share the same pin and bushings. Here the quick attach buckets weigh 50% more and are heavier built.

Custom built locally might be your best option. Part diagrams from Messicks give ideas on how. Don’t know how to get dimension drawings.

The thumb has it’s own foot control valve. B26 does have rear remote options. I have one valve. Might be an easy option to control the thumb?

Some manual thumb owners have converted theirs to hydraulic.

Hopefully you can get the 3rd function for the FEL making a great machine more useful.

DWM21

Equipment
1501zl and bx23s
Dec 6, 2021
Biloela
While the Kubota tractors are made in Japan, the loaders and backhoes are made in USA or Canada for their tractors. Imagine the same world wide. Here the stick has weldments for the thumb weather you order one or not. Yours might not.

If available I would get the quick attach option especially with the thumb. Share the same pin and bushings. Here the quick attach buckets weigh 50% more and are heavier built.

Custom built locally might be your best option. Part diagrams from Messicks give ideas on how. Don’t know how to get dimension drawings.

The thumb has it’s own foot control valve. B26 does have rear remote options. I have one valve. Might be an easy option to control the thumb?

Some manual thumb owners have converted theirs to hydraulic.

Hopefully you can get the 3rd function for the FEL making a great machine more useful.
thanks for the info, I have the 3rd function for the FEL, kubota in Aus does not offer the remote for the rear but this will be easy enough to install aftermarket. I was thinking of doing exacty what you have suggested just thought I would try the complete kit option first. I currently have a bx23s with manual thumb and wouldnt be without it but one way or another im going to have hydraulic thumb on the b26. I will explore the quick attach option, thanks again.

DWM21

Equipment
1501zl and bx23s
Dec 6, 2021
Biloela
thanks for the info, I have the 3rd function for the FEL, kubota in Aus does not offer the remote for the rear but this will be easy enough to install aftermarket. I was thinking of doing exacty what you have suggested just thought I would try the complete kit option first. I currently have a bx23s with manual thumb and wouldnt be without it but one way or another im going to have hydraulic thumb on the b26. I will explore the quick attach option, thanks again.
Should of read all the posts first, looks like post #8 is my solution

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
Quick Connect, Rippers, Post Hole Diggers, hydraulic kits, remote kits ect the 23s/26b BH's
Whatever you need should not be a a problem

DWM21

Equipment
1501zl and bx23s
Dec 6, 2021
Biloela
Quick Connect, Rippers, Post Hole Diggers, hydraulic kits, remote kits ect the 23s/26b BH's
Whatever you need should not be a a problem
Cheers, searched the web for hours the other day looking for a Aus supplier, surprised I didn't find you. I will give you a call sometime soon. I don't take delivery until Aug/Sept, if you know of anyone in the market for a 2022 BX with 100hrs mine will be available around then.

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
Cheers, searched the web for hours the other day looking for a Aus supplier, surprised I didn't find you. I will give you a call sometime soon. I don't take delivery until Aug/Sept, if you know of anyone in the market for a 2022 BX with 100hrs mine will be available around then.
Feel free to call us (number is on the website)

Your BX wont last long they sell very quick
So you will get a better price and a quick sale selling it on gumtree/facebook than a dealer trade in

Reactions: 1 users