B26 fel and backhoe no hydraulic pressure suddenly

dowmace

Equipment
b26
Feb 16, 2014
Oklahoma
Have been using the tractor to dig a ditch for my septic system. Pulled the outriggers up and moved the tractor forward 4 feet, turned seat back around and now have zero pressure to the backhoe and the fel will only lift while tilting the bucket.

Any ideas fellas? I've changed the filter and put fresh fluid in it still no change. I broke open the fitting on the drop side of the fel ram and the fel works fine with the fitting loose.

But with that information I'm still lost.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Does it have a selector valve that allows you to turn the flow to the backhoe off when it's not in use or removed?

It's probably something real simple and easy to hit with your foot. I just can't see it being anything serious since it worked fine and then it's not.

Last edited:

dowmace

Equipment
b26
Feb 16, 2014
Oklahoma
No valve that I can find. I did pull the return line off of the backhoe and with it removed I can use the attachment no problem. Of course there was fluid spraying everywhere but I am getting good pressure to the system. I haven't found a valve on the return anywhere and can't imagine there is one. I guess the next step is to pull the seat and check the return hose.

dowmace

Equipment
b26
Feb 16, 2014
Oklahoma
Almost forgot thanks very much for the help! This is a company machine I borrowed and don't want to take back broke!

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Almost forgot thanks very much for the help! This is a company machine I borrowed and don't want to take back broke!

Oop's... I really hate when that happens. When does it need to be returned by? :D

dowmace

Equipment
b26
Feb 16, 2014
Oklahoma
A couple of days, I still have to finish the job once it's fixed

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
The valve mentioned is used to direct the hydraulic flow one way or the other when the backhoe is on or off the machine.

Mine is a little push-pull rod under left leg sitting reversed. Yours may be elsewhere. Hard to find if you aren't aware. Could be on transmission housing in area of seat.

Please post back how you resolved the problem so we may all learn.

dowmace

Equipment
b26
Feb 16, 2014
Oklahoma
Got all the hydraulic system working. I had to pull the return line off the attachment and blow it clean with compressed air. Found lots of crud in the line not sure where it came from but the left side outrigger has been leaking down so maybe things are sneaking past the seal.

Everything is running smooth now it was a very odd problem but glad to have it fixed. I've never operated any orange equipment before all of my stuff is Case red.