B2320 HST Pedal sticks

JimBeard

Equipment
Tiller ,6Foot Blade,FEL,3pointFinish Mower
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
Dealer is ordering new damper .I don't think that is it but worth a try under warranty .
I came across this one on utube identical to to my pedal sticking issue.

http://www.youtube.com/user/treavideotron#p/a/u/0/sREr3aOyG84
I sent poster a message but doubt i will hear back.

Installed new damper ,no improvement .
Waiting for answer from the person that posted video. He sent me this message .
Kubota has a fix for it, not impressed with the results.
Hopefully he sends part #s

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Please keep us all posted with this problem as I have the same deal with a front mount mower. It will stick in the forward position and can be quite exciting if it catches you off guard. Kinda dangerous really.:eek:

JimBeard

Equipment
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
Please keep us all posted with this problem as I have the same deal with a front mount mower. It will stick in the forward position and can be quite exciting if it catches you off guard. Kinda dangerous really.:eek:
Yes i will post as soon as problem is fixed .
Hoping that person posting the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sREr3aOyG84&feature=related
gets back too me, 2 weeks ago he did write that Kubota has a fix & he will send me part numbers .
Dealer called Kubota they state that this is new & haven't had any other complaints about this.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Yes i will post as soon as problem is fixed .
Hoping that person posting the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sREr3aOyG84&feature=related
gets back too me, 2 weeks ago he did write that Kubota has a fix & he will send me part numbers .
Dealer called Kubota they state that this is new & haven't had any other complaints about this.
Will wait with anticipation.
Can't imagine Kubota has not heard of this before. It is not all that rare a complaint. I have had it in varying degrees on 2 machines. One a front mower and the other a B2620.

JimBeard

Equipment
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
Update
Dealer took in and from what the mechanic told me he reamed out part 020 in enclosed picture seems better after using for about 1 hour today .
I will start putting grease on part #20

Attachments

Last edited:

JimBeard

Equipment
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
More from the u tube video that was posted by another person with this problem>
http://www.youtube.com/user/treavideotron

Double compression springs fix, totally useless. This is what Kubota Canada recommended. The problem still exists, no blame to the dealer.

Also posted by treavideotron
That was the first thing I tried, I even removed all the linkage to check if there was any resistance in the HST pedal, nothing at all. I re-greased and reassembled, still faulty. The dealer confirmed that the problem is with the cam and bearing (neutral holder) attached to the front of transmission. The bearing does not return to the center of the V notch. See transmission diagram, part 4 (6C300-18114).

JimBeard

Equipment
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
Still having this problem Kubota is telling the dealer that mine is the first complaint they have had . According to the owner that posted this video
http://www.youtube.com/user/treavideotron
http://www.youtube.com/user/treavideotron#p/a/u/1/sREr3aOyG84
there have be several complaints near his location in Canada they worked on his & made it worse so i would like to find a solution before returning to dealer again. .
I had good luck with Just answer before so might try their link at the top of this page.
http://www.justanswer.com

Last edited:

gyro

Equipment
B2320 HST
Nov 30, 2009
Montreal,Canada
jimBeard,

Any update on your problem. I am having the exact same issue with my B2320.

Thank you

Gyro

Last edited:

JimBeard

Equipment
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
gyro ; Sorry just noticed this message .
No i still have the issue ,it seemed 80% better during the warmer weather ,a Kubota Rep called said the videos posted on utube were the way it should act , at the time {warm weather } it seemed better .

dcarter

Equipment
'94 B7100-HSD-D
Apr 6, 2012
Cypress, TX
B7100HST sticking

I'm a new owner of a 94 B7100HST with FEL and have the pedal sticking problem real bad. I'm just using the clutch a lot and basically driving it like it's not HST, but it would be nice to get it working right.

I've read through this thread and I still don't understand what is the mechanism that returns the pedal to center. Does the damper do that , or is it just a shock absorber type device? Is there something internal that should return the pedal to center? I dont' see any springs in the external linkage that look like they do that job.

I have the greese nipple and everything is lubed. Don't see any bent bars or linkages.

Ideas?

ja600l

Apr 8, 2012
Lancaster PA
The HST is returned to neutral because the pistons in the cylinder block (hydro internals) are spring loaded. The springs put equal force on the swash plate returning its angle to zero. The linkage does not do any more than dampen the shock. If you have a problem with the hydro sticking in forward you do want to make sure the linkage is not hanging up. However, I work as a Kubota Tech and we have had several machines with failed swash plate cradle bushings. Hydros are extremely sensative to wear. if a small peice of dirt gets into that swash plate bushing it will cause a groove. Once the groove is formed, that same spring force previously mention holds the swash plate tight against the cradle bushings and they can no longer slide freely. In other words it moves fine when you mechanically make it, but under its own spring pressure it sticks. Your dealer will need to remove the damper in the linkage and see if it improves. If it does not improve plan on a Hydro overhaul. The same issue is found in the BX series tractors. Hope this helps!

dcarter

Equipment
'94 B7100-HSD-D
Apr 6, 2012
Cypress, TX
Thanks for the reply. I spent some time over at tractorbynet and found a very helpful post with pics. Turns out I have a similar problem. I learned that the pedal is returned to neutral by a V shaped metal peice that has a spring tensioned bearing roller against it. The deepest part of the V is neutral. This may be in addition to the internal forces pushing it towards neutral, but this certainly looks like a key part of it. The guy posted that his V peice slipped off the roller. Mine did this also, but the spring is completely missing. I've ordered the spring, roller and a few other small parts of the linkage so hopefully that will solve my issue.

ja600l

Apr 8, 2012
Lancaster PA
Sounds like you might be on to something, even if that isn't the real problem, correcting it should make the condition better. Unfortunately if there is damage inside you can't do a whole lot more than rebuild it. For future reference, make sure that you make the switch over to Kubota Super UDT 2, it has a lot more protection for hydros!