B2320 front spindle leaking

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
I have a 2012 B2320 with 950 hrs. It was one of a fleet of 12 that were owned by a Xmas tree farm & traded back in after 2 years use for new tractors. They were used for mowing/spraying with 3 point attachments. The dealership serviced the tractors, installed new LA304 loaders, & advertised them for sale for the unbelievable price of $10,500 (hard-earned Canadian $$$). Bought mine sight unseen trusting salesman's description & when delivered was in "like new" condition. When I questioned tread rubber seperating on front tires (rears like new) they gave me 2 brand new tires mounted on new rims for $100! Warranty ran out last summer & shortly after tach cable broke. Called to order new one & salesman sent one no charge. Tractor has been awesome for gardening, grading, bush hogging, snow removal & launching my boats. I have loaded tires (ww washer fluid) & a rear counterweight on the 3 point hitch that incorporates a 2 ft length of heavy gauge rr track, 2 cast iron weights & with a 2" hitch receiver (probably 200 - 250 lbs) - this is mounted most of the time & I use the tractor in 4wd most of the time. Recently noticed leakage of front diff. grease from top of right front spindle. When I pulled the dipstick/filler cap on the left side there was a noticeable pop of escaping air as if a vent might be plugged. I drilled a 1/16" hole in the cap , drained & replaced front diff. lube with 80w90. Seemed ok for a week or so but is now leaking again. From the parts diagrams looks like Kubota started with that seal & built a tractor around it! I have used the loader moving gravel/topsoil a bit last summer but hard to believe that would have stressed front axel enough to cause bearing/seal failure at the top of the spindle. When it bothers me bad enough to fix it (not a steady drip type leak, just seeping down side of spindle housing) should i replace upper bearing as well as seal? I have read where some guys found crud had collected around the seal & damaged it so it leaked, sound plausible?

Attachments

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
If you decide to replace the seal, look at the bearing then. You will be able to determine it's condition. If you want to have the parts on hand when start, buy the bearing too. The cost would probably be worth the comfort. Save me some of those cucumbers and taters.