B2320 Bogs Down Uphill in High HST

BowerBota

Equipment
2015 B2320 FEL, 60" MMM, 48" Rear Blade, BXpanded sprayer, 4' Brush Hog
Aug 23, 2015
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Hey Bota Brothers!

I have a B2320 I purchased brand new with the HST. I was attempting to go uphill in high gear and it bogged the end down greatly and it acted like it was beside itself to get uphill, but when I switched it to mid gear, it would progress as it should.

The hill is a gradual slope and my BX would go up in high easily.

Is there something wrong or is the High gear not meant for that kind of incline.

Thank you for your help. I am going to be posting pictures of some mods that I have completed too.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Its a pressure volume thing, instead of pressing pedal down more when going up a hill, try going slower. More speed means higher flow equals less pressure. So under load or up a hill slower may keep you moving. Ultimately you will be doin less harm to machine by gearing down.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
TJ nailed it.

Your BX had a 2-range HST, and the B is 3-range. I would guess high range on your B should only be used for high-speed road/trail travel. Use the mid-range for those places you could get by in high with the BX, but are steeper, etc.

BowerBota

Equipment
2015 B2320 FEL, 60" MMM, 48" Rear Blade, BXpanded sprayer, 4' Brush Hog
Aug 23, 2015
Shenandoah Valley, VA
10-4, I kind of thought that, but I def. wanna make sure that was the case and not something wrong. Thank you all.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Easy to confuse that pedal with a throttle pedal isn't it?! I like to think of it as a variable gear selector. You still have a throttle there too.