B2301 FEL and 3PH Problems

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
OK, tested with port blocked off and hose in bucket. Loader goes up fine but will not drop unless bucket is also dumped at same time or put in float..
What that says:

1. You have good flow to base end and with rod end open to bucket loader lifts fine. That says something was blocking rod end flow when hose was connected
  2. Loader wont drop. The base end coupler is flowing fine so something is also blocking that return flow.
Put that together and it sure seems the power beyond circuit is blocked at some point downstream of the loader valve.

I think a good follow on test would be to put everything back together and then remove the coupler from the end of the backhoe supply hose. Put the end of that hose in the hydraulic filler, start the tractor. You should get a steady stream of oil from the hose. If you do then test the loader again. The flow should not stop and the loader should raise and lower fine.

Dan

boulderz

Nov 14, 2016
Vermont
What that says:

1. You have good flow to base end and with rod end open to bucket loader lifts fine. That says something was blocking rod end flow when hose was connected
  2. Loader wont drop. The base end coupler is flowing fine so something is also blocking that return flow.
Put that together and it sure seems the power beyond circuit is blocked at some point downstream of the loader valve.

I think a good follow on test would be to put everything back together and then remove the coupler from the end of the backhoe supply hose. Put the end of that hose in the hydraulic filler, start the tractor. You should get a steady stream of oil from the hose. If you do then test the loader again. The flow should not stop and the loader should raise and lower fine.

Dan
Thanks, just so I’m clear, backhoe supply hose is power beyond hose (tractor, yellow) which I currently have connected to outlet pipe (tractor red)?

6EF43881-758A-4048-84F4-2B5731E4D4D4.jpeg

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks, just so I’m clear, backhoe supply hose is power beyond hose (tractor, yellow) which I currently have connected to outlet pipe (tractor red)?

View attachment 103063
This is always confusing. Backhoe supply hose is tractor outlet hose. Thats how the tractor supplies oil to backhoe. Looking at the picture its not easy to do what I asked. I better go back and look at exactly how the hoe is plumbed into the circuit. What is the model number of the backhoe?

Bottom line is you have a problem with the power beyond circuit somewhere down stream of the loader valve. The obviius suspect is the bacjhoe but you say it works fine. Are you sure the 3pt control lever is in the full down position?

Dan

boulderz

Nov 14, 2016
Vermont
This is always confusing. Backhoe supply hose is tractor outlet hose. Thats how the tractor supplies oil to backhoe. Looking at the picture its not easy to do what I asked. I better go back and look at exactly how the hoe is plumbed into the circuit. What is the model number of the backhoe?

Bottom line is you have a problem with the power beyond circuit somewhere down stream of the loader valve. The obviius suspect is the bacjhoe but you say it works fine. Are you sure the 3pt control lever is in the full down position?

Dan
Backhoe is BH 70

boulderz

Nov 14, 2016
Vermont

Dan
BE410F7A-A840-458E-9F7B-9A5FD5BF5D26.jpeg

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Backhoe is BH 70
OK - that hoe has three connections to the tractor:

1. Tractor outlet port
  2. Hoe power beyond back to tractor 3pt
  3. Hoe tank return back to tractor sump
Its possible the power beyond coupler is the culprit. Because that hoe has a real tank return it would still operate with the power beyond circuit blocked. If you can figure out a way to connect the outlet port to the tank return it would test that possibiity.

Dan

Last edited:

boulderz

Nov 14, 2016
Vermont
OK - that hoe has three connections to the tractor:

1. Tractor outlet port
  2. Hoe power beyond back to tractor 3pt
  3. Hoe tank return back to tractor sump
Its possible the power beyond coupler is the culprit. Because that hoe has a real tank return it would still operate with the power beyond circuit blocked. If you can figure out a way to connect the outlet port to the tank return it would test that possibiity.

Dan
Thanks, I was able to do that by switching some coupler ends around. In that configuration, loader goes fully up and down as intended..

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks, I was able to do that by switching some coupler ends around. In that configuration, loader goes fully up and down as intended..
Houston we have lift off!!

The power beyond coupler for the backhoe is your problem. Its not passing flow which blocks the exhaust oil from the upstram loader valve. The BH70 backhoe works because it uses tank return for all its exhaust oil.

DAN

Reactions: 1 users

boulderz

Nov 14, 2016
Vermont
Houston we have lift off!!

The power beyond coupler for the backhoe is your problem. Its not passing flow which blocks the exhaust oil from the upstram loader valve. The BH70 backhoe works because it uses tank return for all its exhaust oil.

DAN
WooHoo! Switched the coupler with one from the hoe and all is good! Thank you Dan! You made that easy..

Now onto the mid mount mower problem. The mower still does not lift with the three point hitch control. It was set to all the way down, I pull it back, and I heard a little buzzing maybe two times that I tried it. After that nothing. Any ideas??

edit: checked again and 3PH lift arms are working. Will have a look under tractor..

edit, edit: messed with depth setting and mower does go up and down, but doesn’t seem to come up very high. Probably just an adjustment somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user