B219 FEL issues

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
1977, B7100, gear drive, with B219 FEL. This tractor has the front mounted pump that runs the FEL. I have been using it to dig ditches. Today I noticed after about an hour of use, the hydraulics seem to get louder while working the FEL. I notice that the raise and tilt back feature was much slower and I could feel a vibration in the tractor while raising and tilting back.

Does this sound like a pump that is going south? I checked the reservoir level and it s fine. All the hoses look fine. I had the pump off the tractor this spring and replaced many of the hoses. All is well with the shaft and chain couplings.

Any ideas?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
1977, B7100, gear drive, with B219 FEL. This tractor has the front mounted pump that runs the FEL. I have been using it to dig ditches. Today I noticed after about an hour of use, the hydraulics seem to get louder while working the FEL. I notice that the raise and tilt back feature was much slower and I could feel a vibration in the tractor while raising and tilting back.

Does this sound like a pump that is going south? I checked the reservoir level and it s fine. All the hoses look fine. I had the pump off the tractor this spring and replaced many of the hoses. All is well with the shaft and chain couplings.

Any ideas?
Mike,

that front mount pump - it has hydraulic filter(s) - when was last time it was changed out?

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
Hey T!

I went through the tractor front to back this spring, after purchase. All filters where changed or cleaned and all fluids where changed.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I have been using it to dig ditches.
Is it possible something is bent? Neighbor bent a cylinder ram on his Bobcat & it shuddered & loaded the engine when that bent ram was cycled. He was digging out a ditch & hit a big rock.

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
Is it possible something is bent? Neighbor bent a cylinder ram on his Bobcat & it shuddered & loaded the engine when that bent ram was cycled. He was digging out a ditch & hit a big rock.
That is a possibility, but it vibrates and shutters both when lifting the bucket and also when tilting it up....basically when it is under a load. It is not loading the engine at all. With it vibrating in both situations, I would think both rams would need to be bent. I think the chances of that are pretty slim. But, I will take a straight edge with me and extend the rams to verify.

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
I wonder if I am working the loader too much and the hydraulic fluid is getting too warm. This old set up does not have a cooler on it. The reservoir is in the right hand tower. Anyone have any experience to how a pump reacts to hydraulic fluid that is very hot?

I guess I can see how it operates next Saturday at start up.