B2150HST Speed Pedal

smi889

Aug 25, 2010
Live Oak, Fl., USA
Have the above tractor and the speed control pedal will only go about halfway down in the forward position. Hoping it's not in the transmission. Any thoughts of what else it might be? Thanks!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Have the above tractor and the speed control pedal will only go about halfway down in the forward position. Hoping it's not in the transmission. Any thoughts of what else it might be? Thanks!
Inspect linkage and damper for damage, wear, or other failure.

Verify that "cruise control" mechanism is not engaged, damaged or otherwise interfering.

Obviously, you have already verified that no foreign object(s) are lodged in the mechanism?

SDT

smi889

Aug 25, 2010
Live Oak, Fl., USA
Inspect linkage and damper for damage, wear, or other failure.

Verify that "cruise control" mechanism is not engaged, damaged or otherwise interfering.

Obviously, you have already verified that no foreign object(s) are lodged in the mechanism?

SDT
I think it might be the cruise control. I was out there tinkering and the on/off set speed knob will not move of course I had to break off the arm . I guess the v on it falls into the slot when it is on and the brake linkage pulls it out when you want to disengage it. I see no movement when the brake is pushed just gets bound. Not sure how that speed set knob operates. Got any more words of wisdom? Any idea is welcome. Thanks! I haven't used the speed control.

OLD GAR

Equipment
MF210, FORD 8N, BIG TEX CH18,
Aug 3, 2015
ZWOLLE
I have a different HST problem. Neither of the directional pedal pressing will return to neutral when pedal pressure is let off. With the engine shut down the pedal returns quickly in both forward and reverse modes. I found the grease fitting for the pedal shaft but no results after that. Is there a spring somewhere that has lost tension?