B2150 Loader - 3pt Shudder

xcdhracer15

Equipment
l2850
Jul 14, 2014
maine
Just bought a B2150 HST with 4,000 hours on it.

Raising the loader or 3pt there is "shudder" or intermittent action. It goes up a couple inches stops, wait 3 seconds goes up again, stops etc.

I have changed the fluid, cleaned the screen, replaced the spin on filter. I replaced the o-rings at the screen, and replaced the first rubber hose on the suction line. It sounds like intermittent hydraulic flow at the diverter valve, when you can hear the flow the loader or 3pt moves, when it stops the flow sound stops. I’m going to change the spin on & the fluid again tonight/ tomorrow because it is still not super clean fluid (no water just kinda nasty still from what got mixed in from cylinders in loader etc.)

Also notable when you first start the tractor after sitting overnight everything works perfectly smooth for amount 1-2 minutes. Draining the fluid it seems bubbly/ cavitation? What am I missing here?

Is it still sucking air somewhere? Is the pump bad itself? HST seems to work fine/ smooth etc.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I know you worked on the main suction line, but did you check all of the cooler lines, hoses, and connection too, as they are also on the suction side of the system?

Attachments

xcdhracer15

Equipment
l2850
Jul 14, 2014
maine
I know you worked on the main suction line, but did you check all of the cooler lines, hoses, and connection too, as they are also on the suction side of the system?

they are all visibly dry, no apparent leaks. I'm going to change out all the rubber. I did not order the orings for the near the filter.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is the loader, a stock loader?
With stock valve?
And do the feed Hoses for the FEL appear to be stock?
Do they connect to the block where the PS is connected?

xcdhracer15

Equipment
l2850
Jul 14, 2014
maine
yes factory BF350 Kubota loader, all lines appear to be stock and they do connect to the block where the ps is connected.

Also I don't think the loader had ever been off it judging by how the wedge bolts came out.

Is the loader, a stock loader?
With stock valve?
And do the feed Hoses for the FEL appear to be stock?
Do they connect to the block where the PS is connected?

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Good,
Turn the bypass lever CCW (#40) on the block and see if anything changes.
you will loose loader control but PS and three point Should work.

That same block is the priority valve for the PS, and the relief valve, so easy to work on.

Attachments

Last edited:

xcdhracer15

Equipment
l2850
Jul 14, 2014
maine
Good,
Turn the bypass lever CCW (#40) on the block and see if anything changes.
you will loose loader control but PS and three point Should work.

That same block is the priority valve for the PS, and the relief valve, so easy to work on.

Started it up this morning after sitting for ~30 hours and everything worked perfectly smooth for 3-5 minutes then back to the same shudder. Rotated ccw, 3pt still shudders.

Drained the fluid (very bubbly). Then i changed all the rubber hoses on the suction lines/ cooler today and replaced the fluid with new. Started it back up and the shudder is there immediately.

Only thing I haven't changed is the orings going into the HST pump. Still shudders exactly the same. Also what about the pump itself or the pump inlet where it bolts on?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Only thing I haven't changed is the orings going into the HST pump. Still shudders exactly the same. Also what about the pump itself or the pump inlet where it bolts on?
Yes it could be leaking right at the inlet. I would change the the O-rings first, then you last choice is to get into the pump.