b2150 fuel tank needed

B2150DT

Mar 18, 2014
Rustburg, VA
Hello, I have a 89 b2150dt I just repaired a fuel system problem due to trash in the line from tank . The inside of the tank has a small amount of rust showing . It also looks as if someone sealed the inside of the tank at some point .There are a few spots inside that have came off, thus creating what I think is my trash problem . I have searched for a while with no luck for a replacement tank . My local dealer told me that I may be able to locate a plastic one to do away with the metal one .Funny thing is no one there could locate a metal one for me .If anyone has any information on a new metal or plastic tank please let me know. Thanks to all that may be able to help with this.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I've cleaned metal fuel tanks with by removing them, put gravel (like road rock) in the tank and use bungie cord to attach it to the center of a lawn mower wheel. Mow the yard, or drive around for a while. Dump rock, flush out with water. Then use POR 15 or similar product to seal. Pretty simple actually. POR 15 WILL seal it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I've cleaned metal fuel tanks with by removing them, put gravel (like road rock) in the tank and use bungie cord to attach it to the center of a lawn mower wheel. Mow the yard, or drive around for a while. Dump rock, flush out with water. Then use POR 15 or similar product to seal. Pretty simple actually. POR 15 WILL seal it.
Very inventive! I like it!:D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Strap it to a cement mixer or something similar that turns slow. A piece of chain will work or a handfull of nuts and bolts.there are several tank sealing products out there.