B2150 Front Wheel Hub Oil Leak.

smi889

Aug 25, 2010
Live Oak, Fl., USA
Have he parts manual and was looking at the part #671565682 set collar. It says qty 4. I assume that's four all 4 wheels. Found the part and it looks like a half ring. A little confused on how it works. Wanted to get all the parts I might need before taking it apart for repair. Any help?

CiscoRanger

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4150DT / BF900
Oct 3, 2022
Texas
According to the parts diagram for the B2150D and HSD, there are 2 per side, shown here. I dont think thats going to help with the oil leak tho. Is it leaking from the 6 bolt case cover (Blue Arrow), or from the center of the hub (green Arrow)

1683062624181.png

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
They are used to lock the front axel into the cover. Two per front wheel. Works kind of like a snap ring locking in a grove on the axel. It is two pieces because it runs in a recess in the bevel gear. Hard to explain but it will be obvious when you get the assembly apart. No need to replace unless you suspect more damage than just the outer oil seal.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have he parts manual and was looking at the part #671565682 set collar. It says qty 4. I assume that's four all 4 wheels. Found the part and it looks like a half ring. A little confused on how it works. Wanted to get all the parts I might need before taking it apart for repair. Any help?
Your part number is lacking 2 things:
#1 a number is missing from your part number, it's a 5 digit and 5 digit, letter and / or number combo
#2 it's always in this format XXXXX-XXXXX

That is for 2 each side on the front wheels only.
And as Kubotasam pointed out you only need them if they are broken or missing.
Did the wheel fall off?
If no, then you probably don't need them.

CiscoRanger

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4150DT / BF900
Oct 3, 2022
Texas
Your part number is lacking 2 things:
#1 a number is missing from your part number, it's a 5 digit and 5 digit, letter and / or number combo
#2 it's always in this format XXXXX-XXXXX

That is for 2 each side on the front wheels only.
And as Kubotasam pointed out you only need them if they are broken or missing.
Did the wheel fall off?
If no, then you probably don't need them.
He's missing the "0" at the end.

Reactions: 1 user

Fedup

Apr 6, 2016
Winchester
Getting a "jump" on it by ordering parts ahead of time can be a mixed bag. Those I've been into always seem to have more problems than just a seal and an O ring. I've decided it's best to tear it down, then decide what to order. The last one I had was an L series. It had balls and bearing shrapnel everywhere. I replaced most every bearing in there.

Your choice.

Reactions: 1 user

smi889

Aug 25, 2010
Live Oak, Fl., USA
They are used to lock the front axel into the cover. Two per front wheel. Works kind of like a snap ring locking in a grove on the axel. It is two pieces because it runs in a recess in the bevel gear. Hard to explain but it will be obvious when you get the assembly apart. No need to replace unless you suspect more damage than just the outer oil seal.
Thanks!