B2100

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
Hello, just joined, not new to wrenching, but deff new to wrenching on tractors !. picked this little gem up a few days ago, engine runs strong, tires in great shape, but the hydro tranny was trashed ( as i tore it down..was expecting this ), never tore into a tractor until this one, been wrenching on atvs , motorcycles, small engines for 30 yrs, not affraid to wrench. this is a whole new ball game to me, but its fun !. here is a few pic's i took when i split it, and one pic of the front end going back together. waiting on hydro tranny parts to come in, so i can put the hyrdo back together, get the tractor back together. i have more pics to post showing the damage to the hydro if anyone is interested in seeing how the PO destroyed this tractor.

Attachments

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Welcome to the forums! Looks like quite the project there. Eeek!

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
i am not sure what caused this damage ?, but what i discovered when i pulled the cylinder pumps apart, one of the springs that those chrome piston things use to push it up was broken inside the piston, and from the looks of things ?, it seems to me, this spring got chewed all to heck while going through the hyrdo area ?, this is my thinking anyway. there was hardly any hydro fluid in this, when i got it home, not sure if it had a leak or what ?, maybe ran it dry..over heated the pumps ?, no clue !. but what i do know is, PARTS ARE NOT CHEAP !..LOL. when i pulled the fluid filter off the right rear side pipe, it was clogged big time !. and when i drained the hydro oil, it was full of metal shavings big time. i knew right then..the hydro tranny was shot, and here i am..waiting on some high dollar parts to put it back together, and saying a few prayers hoping it will move again on its own power ?!..lol.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
update; just a short word on the progress on this restoration, got the hydro all back together with new parts, added hydro oil, fired her up, SHE LIVES AGAIN !. on a side note..lord help anyone who attempts to tear out the hydro drive tranny ?!. it sucks trying to get it back together big time !. i never...EVER..want to do this again for the rest of my life. once i get it all back together, i'll post some pics in this thread.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
here she is so far, runs great now. got the 3-point hitch installed, that works as well. jus need to get the floor mat back down, or may try to fab me a new floor mat up ?, seems pretty simple. not going to buy a new mat, not when i had to purchased two brake rod set-ups for both sides, they are bad, wont adjust, snapped one trying to unscrew it, kubota is pround of their products even when they are 20 something yrs old !..lol.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
here she is so far, runs great now. got the 3-point hitch installed, that works as well. jus need to get the floor mat back down, or may try to fab me a new floor mat up ?, seems pretty simple. not going to buy a new mat, not when i had to purchased two brake rod set-ups for both sides, they are bad, wont adjust, snapped one trying to unscrew it, kubota is pround of their products even when they are 20 something yrs old !..lol.
Yes very proud of their products lol. I had a partially stripped left brake adjuster when I bought my B7510. Got all the filters a bucket of sudt-2, headlight assy, and a few other things. Glad I was sitting down for that one. $700.00 odd bucks for a 5 gallon pail of oil and a cardboard box full of parts.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
Yes very proud of their products lol. I had a partially stripped left brake adjuster when I bought my B7510. Got all the filters a bucket of sudt-2, headlight assy, and a few other things. Glad I was sitting down for that one. $700.00 odd bucks for a 5 gallon pail of oil and a cardboard box full of parts.
i hear ya, the brake rod was 60 buck each !, then the turn buckles were like 40, then the end at the main rod was like 20 ?, all in all, $ 221.44 otd. i've got about 5k into this restoration, it cost way to much to rebuild the hydro tranny, i pray no one has to rebuild theirs !..lol. i could have made a brake rod out of round stock from lowes ?, but the turn buckles are left hand threads on one end , and i do not have a left hand thread tap and die set, so decided to just bite the bullet, replace all of it with new.

Reactions: 1 user

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
finally got a chance to crank her up, under her own power, drive her out of my shop on her own power !. got out in my yard, seen i had forgot to hook the rpm cable back up ?..grrr..lol whoever designed the dash on this model needs to be slapped !, its one royal pain in the rear to get the dash off..and back on. anyway, got all that done, and i'm happy to report..she's done for now !. when the brake rods come in, i'll tackle replacing those, but for now, i do have brakes from the right hand side, will leave it alone until the new parts come in. anyway, i am a happy camper right now !.

Reactions: 1 users

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
The tractor thanks you for it too!
i am very pleased with how well this thing cranks right up !, engine is solid for sure. i went through every filter, drained all hydro oil, even the front end axle, that looked like i struck oil in TEXAS !!..LOL. new battery, new starter, new alt, all hydro oil is new. i'm not sure if the reg/rec is working right ?, the dash light is on when at idle, but goes out as i rev the rpms up..is this normal ?, or is my reg/rec bad ?. other than this..its a very solid tractor to say the least, just got to get used to this dang hydro tranny ?, i'm used to gears with the clutch..lol.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
No comment on the dynamo and light. Ditched that for a mini denso alternator I had laying around. You'll get used to the hydro pretty quick. And the dash, yep I get that. It looks like it's the same set up as my B7510. Pia for sure. She sure looks pretty, and I'm glad she's working for you again. If I may ask, what do you have into it by now?

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
No comment on the dynamo and light. Ditched that for a mini denso alternator I had laying around. You'll get used to the hydro pretty quick. And the dash, yep I get that. It looks like it's the same set up as my B7510. Pia for sure. She sure looks pretty, and I'm glad she's working for you again. If I may ask, what do you have into it by now?
off the top of my balding head ?, i'd say between purchase price, and parts invested into her...i'd say about 5k ? ( give or take a few bucks ).

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Are you sure you got all the grounds hooked back up, when you work on the dash?
How do all the other dash lights and / or gauges work?

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
Are you sure you got all the grounds hooked back up, when you work on the dash?
How do all the other dash lights and / or gauges work?
all grounds are connected, i double checked everything, i will check again i guess ?, the charge light on the dash does go out if my rpms are up high, but once i lower the throttle to lower rpms..the charge/battery light comes right back on. all other lights on the dash work just fine. if the charge/battery light stayed on even at full throttle ?, then i would be worried. brand new alt/gen, but i did not replace the reg/rec, there is also a black box right next to the reg/rec under the dash, not sure what this is yet ?.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
all grounds are connected, i double checked everything, i will check again i guess ?, the charge light on the dash does go out if my rpms are up high, but once i lower the throttle to lower rpms..the charge/battery light comes right back on. all other lights on the dash work just fine. if the charge/battery light stayed on even at full throttle ?, then i would be worried. brand new alt/gen, but i did not replace the reg/rec, there is also a black box right next to the reg/rec under the dash, not sure what this is yet ?.
One of then is for the safety switches, one is for the blinker. I don't think there were any specifically for the charging system.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
One of then is for the safety switches, one is for the blinker. I don't think there were any specifically for the charging system.
thank you for the info. i ordered a reg/rec from ebay ( yes...its china made ) but i hope it solves the charging issue ?, i'll report back in a couple days when i get it installed. thank's again.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
update on the charging light issue: swapped out the reg/rec with a new one from ebay, cranked her up at idle, NO MORE DASH CHARGE LIGHT !. so it was the reg/rec that was bad.