B20 rear axle seal leak

Walt

Equipment
B20 TL 420A
Dec 6, 2013
Owensburg, Indiana
Did a search and have not found much on my model B20. Got a leak on the left rear axle and hoping to find out what I am in for. Any experience with this would be appreciated, regards Walt

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The fix part is super easy.

The removing all the supports is the tough part.

You have to remove everything to get the case unbolted then pop the seal in and put it all back together!

I would recommend giving the whole tractor a good power wash bath before you start, the cleaner the better.

You'll need to remove the loader and the BH and the ROPs just for starters.

Walt

Equipment
B20 TL 420A
Dec 6, 2013
Owensburg, Indiana
Ordered a B20 Kubota repair manual today. Am going to tackle this myself and figure it out as I go. Any suggestions appreciated. The FEL is not a quick attach.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds like a good plan:

If you run into anything along the way, just ask, quite a few of us can help out. ;)

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Take a ton of digital pictures before and after you take a part off. You may forget how to get it back together if it takes you a few days or weeks to get it completed. The pictures will help figure it out if you have trouble which is unlikely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Walt

Equipment
B20 TL 420A
Dec 6, 2013
Owensburg, Indiana
I will take reference pix, my only worries after looking it over is removing the fel. Looks like the sub frame needs to drop down towards the rear to clear the axle housing. I'm working alone so hopefully a floor jack can muster it back in place.

Walt

Equipment
B20 TL 420A
Dec 6, 2013
Owensburg, Indiana
FEL, The right brace that supports the vertical side frame has 2 pins welded to the support (inside). It also has R pins in them. My manual has no reference to what these are for. I am using a phone and unable to post pix. Anyone know what these pins are for? Regards walt

Got it, top link storage for the 3 point. Lol

Last edited: