B20 Kubota vent

firechief5215

Equipment
B20
Mar 17, 2014
delaware
Hi my fire company has a b20 Kubota. We are having trouble with water getting into the hydraulic fluid. After looking it over the only place we have found where water may be getting in is a fitting under the seat we think may be for a vent. The fitting that is there has a screwdriver slot in it, We removed it and it has about a 1/8 to 1/4 in hole all the way through it as seen in the picture I posted. Is there any where else water could be getting in. Also could you help me with what should be hooked to the fitting under the seat. Maybe a picture; I would love to be able to have a dealer fix it but being a small fire company we don't have the funds available for this Thanks Billy

Attachments

clippy

Equipment
Kubota B6100D w/ Kubota FL1000 Tiller, Kubota Bedder, Brush Hog Mower
Hey firechief, I don't own a B20 myself. But thought you might like to look at the Parts Manual for it. It's on kubotabooks.com, under Tractor Parts Manuals. First one listed I think. That might give you an idea what should be attached to that fitting under the seat.

firechief5215

Equipment
B20
Mar 17, 2014
delaware
I have a parts diagram but it shows some part numbers without a picture. Hoping I may be able to get a picture Thanks Billy

Teese

Equipment
B20
Jul 19, 2013
Lynden, WA
I have a B20. What you see (in your pic) is what I see, despite what the expanded parts diagram shows.
Aside: I took and could post a pic (though it only shows what the OP's pic shows), but its off my phone (1.6MB) and I've seen posters catch flack for large attachments ... could I be pointed to an instructional for reducing the pic size?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have a B20. What you see (in your pic) is what I see, despite what the expanded parts diagram shows.
Aside: I took and could post a pic (though it only shows what the OP's pic shows), but its off my phone (1.6MB) and I've seen posters catch flack for large attachments ... could I be pointed to an instructional for reducing the pic size?
There are two "stickys" at the top of this forum with hints, but I have not attempted to do it without transferring the photos from my phone to my computer and then resizing with photoshop. The photobucket method might work for direct transfer. Thanks for helping!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
firechief5215,
Are you missing what I posted???
It's the picture of the part you're missing that fits on the pipe with the slot that your seeing. ;)