B1750 HSt PTO seal and gear pump repair

homewardbound11

Equipment
b1750hst
Mar 2, 2013
ireland
Hi,
I hope some users here can help with a few questions on a B1750 HST. There is some long over due repairs needed so I have a few questions.

-) I have a leak on the rear PTO. Its small but annoying. Do I need to remove the rear plate to replace the PTO seal or can it be done from the front.?
Is there any major difficulties in replacing the seal if I need to remove the rear plate. Also what is used to reseal the rear plate when reassembling.

-) I am also in the process of replacing the hydro gear pump. The replacement is a GPO120L. It seems to fit but I need to replace it and the gear shaft as both were worn. Is there anything I need to be aware of with replacement of a gear pump. ?

Best Regards all and a very happy new year to all
rear pti picture.jpg

gear pump.jpg

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If your talking about the PTO shaft seal, yes that can be done without pulling the cover.
If it sill leaks with a new seal in place it might mean that you need to replace bearings or there is excessive wear on the PTO shaft.

Replacing the pump is pretty strait forward, I just pour a little hydro fluid in the top of the pump before buttoning it up to make sure it doesn't run dry and hot on it's initial startup.

homewardbound11

Equipment
b1750hst
Mar 2, 2013
ireland
Cheers for the reply,

I thought the shaft seal wouldnt come out the front as the PTO looked bigger from the attachment side than on the inside , I saw the video of the 8200 pto seal and it came out the back all right without removing the plate , it had 2 slots for removing the seal but the b1750 hst doesn't .
All I can see is the rubber part of the seal . So it could be messy getting it out .

homewardbound11

Equipment
b1750hst
Mar 2, 2013
ireland
Cheers for the reply,

I thought the shaft seal wouldnt come out the front as the PTO looked bigger from the attachment side than on the inside , I saw the video of the 8200 pto seal and it came out the back all right without removing the plate , it had 2 slots for removing the seal but the b1750 hst doesn't .
All I can see is the rubber part of the seal . So it could be messy getting it out .

Sorry forgot picture

Attachments

homewardbound11

Equipment
b1750hst
Mar 2, 2013
ireland
Sorry in advance for the silly questions

When removing the rear pto Seal with the plate on , is it a case of screwing screws into the rubber part of the seal and pulling , or is there. Better way ?

Is there any tips from preventing the shaft damaging the new Seal when reinserting ?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I do believe the seal is actually as large as the PTO splines.
You should be able to clean everything very well, then just pry the seal out with a thin blade tool.

If you want to also replace the gasket just to make sure that isn't leaking too, you'll need to drain all the fluid, then remove the rear cover and then you will have full access to all the parts.

Attachments

homewardbound11

Equipment
b1750hst
Mar 2, 2013
ireland
Thanks north Idaho .

Happy new year to you and all here .

Took off the plate in the end. You are correct , the pto shaft is the same the Diameter as the seal on the shaft seal . There is a gasket on the plate but it does not appear in the drawings . Something I might have to talk to at my kubota dealer when I get to them.

My problem now is getting thst shaft seal out without damaging to plate . It's really stuck in there . Prizing it out is not working

homewardbound11

Equipment
b1750hst
Mar 2, 2013
ireland
Got it out . Without any damage, delighted .

Steel section of pipe on a vice and gently pushed it out . Wriggling as I went along . That seal is hard .Hope the new one goes in a little easier .

homewardbound11

Equipment
b1750hst
Mar 2, 2013
ireland
-) I am also in the process of replacing the hydro gear pump. The replacement is a GPO120L. It seems to fit but I need to replace it and the gear shaft as both were worn. Is there anything I need to be aware of with replacement of a gear pump. ?

Best Regards all and a very happy new year to all
View attachment 26262

View attachment 26263 [/QUOTE]

Hi north Idaho .

Is there much chance of engine oil reaching the gear pump under pressure . The non oem gear pump I have has a small gasket sealing surface . Attached photo

Attachments

Last edited: