B1700HSD Bi-speed gearbox fluid

J.Schiefelbein

New member

Equipment
B1700HST
Jul 28, 2015
13
0
0
Kranzburg, South Dakota, USA
Okay my owner's manual is not really very clear on if I need to do anything about this and not fact it doesn't even mention it. But, the bi-speed turn gearbox (I guess that's how I'd describe it). I noticed it has what appears to be a drain plug I do not see a fill point. Is it part of the front axle assembly or the main hydraulic assembly so should I drain it? is question 1 and question 2 is does it get filled automatically from the rest of the system? Or should I just leave it alone it's entirely separate?
 

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,485
11,269
113
Sandpoint, ID
You use that drain when when you change the fluid in the front axle, and yes it gets filled when you fill the main housing. ;)