Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
He’s starting to look grown up.

8+ months old. Guessing about 70 pounds.

View attachment 97098

View attachment 97099

Now this is a sweetheart after what she’s been through.

Truly an Awesome Dog!

Our kids in Philly are dog-sitting a Rescue female pit bull that was used as a “bait dog” in dog fights. Part of her jaw is damaged due to that.

My wife met her last week. Real sweetie.

People that do that should have their……well I’ll keep the rest to myself….😡

View attachment 97101
Handsome boy you have there RCW but feel real bad for that little girl but at least she's in good hands now. I've always said I like animals more then humans and seeing something like that does nothing to change my mind. F@#king cowards!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Handsome boy you have there RCW but feel real bad for that little girl but at least she's in good hands now. I've always said I like animals more then humans and seeing something like that does nothing to change my mind. F@#king cowards!!!!
Yeah bear, one at a time, our kids have fostered, adopted or temporarily cared for a quite a few dogs. All pits, and all having bad histories due to idiot owners.

None have had any bad behaviors despite their poor upbringing.

I’m not a fan of Pit Bulls by any stretch. Product of my former job.

That said, the girls and boys they’ve had have all been very sweet.

Reactions: 1 user

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Yeah bear, one at a time, our kids have fostered, adopted or temporarily cared for a quite a few dogs. All pits, and all having bad histories due to idiot owners.

None have had any bad behaviors despite their poor upbringing.

I’m not a fan of Pit Bulls by any stretch. Product of my former job.

That said, the girls and boys they’ve had have all been very sweet.
You're talking to a retired letter carrier my friend and even the times I was

attacked by dogs which wasn't really that often I never once blamed the dog, the owners on the other hand

well thats a different story. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to take in a rescue but right now the

pain of losing my little buddy, well I don't think I could go through that again any time soon. Give the kids

a pat and a scratch for me my friend.

Reactions: 3 users

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Kudos to your kids and parents of that rescued pit bull RCW. My blood boils when I hear about dog fighting rings and the human animals that support and participate in these hideous acts…I better stop typing now and move on to another forum before I get in trouble here…

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
“Looks like you are not going to be able to finish that all by yourself…we are here to help”.
Our shepherd does the same thing. She will either get up on the couch and lay her head in my wife's lap giving her the "Sad, poor me, I'm so abused" look.

Or she will get up on the love seat, lay across the center storage/ arm rest, and lay her head in the crrok of my arm. Giving me the same look she gives my wife.

What ever you do though. Do not kick back and open up a bag of Starburst jelly beans.

Wife did it one time. The pooch was on the other end of the house. She came tearing through the house and launched into my wife's lap in the recliner 😳😳😳😳 Thankfully the recliner slid into the wall instead of tipping over 🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣

• Haha

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Gosh - - if I ever have to work on something low to the ground lately...e.g., pellet stove, dryer, tractor, etc., I always have "help."

Usually starts with him licking the bottom of my chin....😝

From last year when I was prepping stove for winter. He was MUCH smaller then, but still does same thing....he's helping!

C336E71C-C16F-47F1-933F-A21FFDBB0DA7.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
Colt was always a firm believer in all applicable Gas laws, and easily expanded to fill the volume of his container.
38AE8248-C1E2-4A72-9E7F-BA56D3407C62.jpeg

Henry: Yeah whatever, not if I get here first.

A9A8D74C-7DBD-4DB7-A8C4-36F0566718E7.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
My little buddy found a Coyote under our deck this morning... :mad:

I saw the mangy m'f a few hours later and was heading it off along our road. I had a chance to get a shot with a .45 but it lined up with a neighbors house...so I declined. I should've done it.

Coyote 1.JPG

Coyote 2.JPG

• Wow
  • Sad

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I

I saw the mangy m'f a few hours later and was heading it off along our road. I had a chance to get a shot with a .45 but it lined up with a neighbors house...so I declined. I should've done it.

View attachment 97539

View attachment 97540
Id recommend a game camera and maybe some mouth calls…in a pinch sucking in the back of hand can make a good call as well (distressed rabbit or mouse squeaker). Set up a stake out.

Goonga galoonga.

Last edited:

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

View attachment 97539

View attachment 97540
Stupid coyote. Glad the puppy has nothing more than a little trauma to the nose. Assuming the pup is up on all the shots.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Some nice news.
Brought the old girl to the vet as she was way over due for a check up and some shots. At 12 she is as healthy as she can be. The slowness on the stairs is just some old age. Vet said her muscle tone was excellent. She loves to run if for no other reason than to keep the squirrels honest.
Took forever to get out as she wanted belly rubs from the entire staff.

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

View attachment 97539

View attachment 97540
dirty - - - That's terrible. Glad it was not more serious to your dog.

On a serious note, your dog should have a rabies booster shot as soon as possible.

That assumes the dog is current on its rabies vaccinations.

Since the bite is on the nose and close to the brain, makes timing more important. Virus migrates to the brain, so the shorter the distance....

Making a wild guess that a coyote under your porch is likely not a common occurrence. Remember some pictures of your house, and its beautiful.

Coyote was not acting normally.

Mange could certainly be a cause. But can't rule out Rabies. First symptom of Rabies is abnormal behavior. Manifests itself in many ways.

It happens. Dealt with thousands of these encounters. A booster for the dog ensures Rabies doesn't continue with your own dog.

Not trying to be an alarmist. Just giving my best advice.

Best wishes.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
dirty - - - That's terrible. Glad it was not more serious to your dog.

On a serious note, your dog should have a rabies booster shot as soon as possible.

That assumes the dog is current on its rabies vaccinations.

Since the bite is on the nose and close to the brain, makes timing more important. Virus migrates to the brain, so the shorter the distance....

Making a wild guess that a coyote under your porch is likely not a common occurrence. Remember some pictures of your house, and its beautiful.

Coyote was not acting normally.

Mange could certainly be a cause. But can't rule out Rabies. First symptom of Rabies is abnormal behavior. Manifests itself in many ways.

It happens. Dealt with thousands of these encounters. A booster for the dog ensures Rabies doesn't continue with your own dog.

Not trying to be an alarmist. Just giving my best advice.

Best wishes.
Thanks. I hear you and I think I will get it done pronto.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The dog should also be on an antibiotic such as cephalexin to prevent infection. I am surprised that the vet didn't prescribe an antibiotic when you were there. It is usually a 10-14 day regiment.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
The dog should also be on an antibiotic such as cephalexin to prevent infection. I am surprised that the vet didn't prescribe an antibiotic when you were there. It is usually a 10-14 day regiment.
Yep, my wife took him to the vet yesterday. All tests were negative but they did put him on antibiotics and provided some antibacterial spray.

They cleaned the wound and the swelling has all but disappeared.

Reactions: 6 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
He’s starting to look grown up.

8+ months old. Guessing about 70 pounds.

View attachment 97098

View attachment 97099

Now this is a sweetheart after what she’s been through.

Truly an Awesome Dog!

Our kids in Philly are dog-sitting a Rescue female pit bull that was used as a “bait dog” in dog fights. Part of her jaw is damaged due to that.

My wife met her last week. Real sweetie.

People that do that should have their……well I’ll keep the rest to myself….😡

View attachment 97101
Some friends of mine were helping another friend clear some fallen trees along his hunting land access. They were going to pop off some rounds after they did some work. They found a group of guys and a girl training some fighting dogs back there (dude owns about 120 acres). It was going on in his land and he had no idea!
Well....3 well armed 6 foot plus men with big black scary rifles held those #@%kers face down in cow crap till the police arrived. The bait dog has been a 9 year companion to my friend. Big ugly furry lap dog found a good home.
One of the suspects was out in bond and killed by a "Pit Bull" before trial. Shame.

• Wow

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Diesel (Siberian Husky) and Logan (Timber Wolf and Anotolian Shepard) enjoying the snow.
And it's their choice to be out in the snow
They have an open door to come in the house anytime they want!

1678645416429.jpeg

1678645436235.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

View attachment 97539

View attachment 97540
You tell your buddy if he needs back up my 6 Wolf's will come help him teach that coyote a lesson! ;)

Reactions: 2 users