I'm sleeping in!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Hey guys, its thst time of year again to make sure and remember not to leave your pets inside a vehicle on a hot day.

Witnessed a guy get his window smashed out of his vehicle tonight at the grocery store. Guy left his dog in his vehicle, Windows shut tight, car not running and temps of 103 in the shade.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Hey guys, its thst time of year again to make sure and remember not to leave your pets inside a vehicle on a hot day.

Witnessed a guy get his window smashed out of his vehicle tonight at the grocery store. Guy left his dog in his vehicle, Windows shut tight, car not running and temps of 103 in the shade.
Should have put a beating on him when he or she came out then lock them in the car for an hour or so with the windows up. Last month a 3 year old child died after being left in a car. Zero tolerance for this kind of stupidity. Sorry for the rant, as you were.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Should have put a beating on him when he or she came out then lock them in the car for an hour or so with the windows up. Last month a 3 year old child died after being left in a car. Zero tolerance for this kind of stupidity. Sorry for the rant, as you were.
No worries here. The guy was in front of me in line at the grocery store. He got miffed when I asked the cashier if the owner responded yet. And said he couldn't afford the gas to leave his vehicle running.

I pointed out that they don't cool as we do and recycling hot air when they pant can send them into heat stroke in a matter of minutes on days like today.

Also pointed out that someone is justified in rescuing the animal if they appear to be in distress as well as calling the police. So it could end up costing him quite a bit more then the couple bucks in gas (Vehicle was a Ford focus).

When I came out of the store, he was arguing with the old lady. She did call the police as well. :D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
To change the subject just a bit this year the black flies and skeeters are worst than ever. Just wondering what would be safe to use on the boys (as in dogs lol) to protect them from these little buggers. I see stuff online and some homemade remedies on the web but without knowing for sure I'm a little hesitant using something I don't know.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
To change the subject just a bit this year the black flies and skeeters are worst than ever. Just wondering what would be safe to use on the boys (as in dogs lol) to protect them from these little buggers. I see stuff online and some homemade remedies on the web but without knowing for sure I'm a little hesitant using something I don't know.
I use K9 Advantix II on Jack and Gypsy. Its a once a month application . Repells and kills fleas ticks and mosquitoes. Also repels biting bugs and blood feeders for 4 weeks.

I've tried some of the cheaper versions they sell at Wally world, but they didn't work as good. My Jack Russell is allergic to fleas and bug bites, and on the cheaper stuff Jack would end up developing a hot spot.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I use K9 Advantix II on Jack and Gypsy. Its a once a month application . Repells and kills fleas ticks and mosquitoes. Also repels biting bugs and blood feeders for 4 weeks.

I've tried some of the cheaper versions they sell at Wally world, but they didn't work as good. My Jack Russell is allergic to fleas and bug bites, and on the cheaper stuff Jack would end up developing a hot spot.
Thanks DT, we'll be going to town tomorrow I'll pick some up.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Thanks DT, we'll be going to town tomorrow I'll pick some up.
It's a little pricey at $100 for a six month supply per dog. But with Jack having the typical white dog allergies, it's around $300 to get him cleared back up from one flea bite :eek:

Make sure and weigh your dogs if you don't know there weight. The doses are based on the weight of the dog.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
It's a little pricey at $100 for a six month supply per dog. But with Jack having the typical white dog allergies, it's around $300 to get him cleared back up from one flea bite :eek:

Make sure and weigh your dogs if you don't know there weight. The doses are based on the weight of the dog.
Thanks my friend...yes we've used it before and it is pricey but like they say you get what you pay for. I just didn't think it was any good for blackflies and such. My youngest (Moe) has got to be close to a 6 grand dog now :eek:, has allergies to everything, Tripper on the other hand has been bullet proof thank goodness. As the song goes, "the things we do for love".

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
We use a Sentry Natural Defense in the good years and Advantix II in the bad years.
There is also a natural spray that works really well at keeping the other flys and biters off, it's clove and lemon grass and smells good too, also use it to spray their beds.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
We use a Sentry Natural Defense in the good years and Advantix II in the bad years.
There is also a natural spray that works really well at keeping the other flys and biters off, it's clove and lemon grass and smells good too, also use it to spray their beds.
Thanks Wolfman, been doing a lot of reading, I'm very protective of my kids and read a some about clove and and lemon grass, but damn if I make a mistake I'd feel some bad. Tonight we wiped the dogs down but when I checked them in their beds their belly's were red, hard to take. I really never thought much about the bats when they were here but I sure miss them now. Time we made a change!!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks Wolfman, been doing a lot of reading, I'm very protective of my kids and read a some about clove and and lemon grass, but damn if I make a mistake I'd feel some bad. Tonight we wiped the dogs down but when I checked them in their beds their belly's were red, hard to take. I really never thought much about the bats when they were here but I sure miss them now. Time we made a change!!
They had a reaction to the clove and lemongrass?
I don't think any of mine have ever had a reaction to it.

We have to be extra careful what we use and how much because the Wolves can react to things really bad.

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
They had a reaction to the clove and lemongrass?
I don't think any of mine have ever had a reaction to it.

We have to be extra careful what we use and how much because the Wolves can react to things really bad.
I'm sorry Wolfman I guess I put that wrong. They didn't have a reaction to the clove and lemongrass it was from all the fly bites. Hopefully after today that won't happen again thanks to you and DT.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

Daughter, Grandson and grandson's girlfriend were roasting marshmallows. Fate thought that smelled pretty tasty...

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Hi Wolfman, just wondering how you mix the 2...is it a 50-50 mix or do you dilute in distilled water, thanks.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Not pets, but hanging around the house early this morning. Breakfast time, and the fawns are very curious of the big guy behind the house!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: