Auxiliary hydraulic

volp

Equipment
Kubota B6001, MF35 with backhoe, Ford 3000, JD LX186 Lawn tractor
I understand that some models of the B-line have a auxiliary hydraulic port on the 3 point hitch which you can turn off or on. On my B6001 there is a port but no handle to turn it off or on. Can I fix the three point linkage and use this port for a single acting cylinder, or a double acting with the return line to the tank fill port? :confused:
What is the size and type of the port, metric or inch? :confused:
What is the maximum pressure and is it simillar in all B models?
:confused:

Anders

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
No you can't really use it for either one.

It's controlled by the three point it will pressure up with the three point control moved in the up position, but I don't think it will flow backwards for relieving the pressure, someone else on here had the same issue with there setup running a snow plow, it would go up and not down.

A double acting cylinder would need pressure on either side at a time and the opposite side would need to be vented back to the tank, so no chance that a single port can control that.

Really your best option is to tap into the pressure line and add a spool valve for good remote hydraulic operations, it's actually quite easy to do. ;)

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
you prolly could add a remote cyl, but the backstroke (not pressurized) would be really slow, and I'm not sure whether the 3 point has to drop first, before the cyl will drain back. You could try it, by hooking to a cylinder with a spring to put some back pressure on it, but it would be trial and error. Easiest way would be to try it on a big heavy farm implement transport cyl, something that has a good bit of weight to pick up, like a 10 ft disc. I don't know the pressure or GPM's of the system, it would be a good idea to know those, first...:D

volp

Equipment
Kubota B6001, MF35 with backhoe, Ford 3000, JD LX186 Lawn tractor
When I downloaded B5100_B7100__service_manual_part3.pdf from Kubotabooks I fond in paragraph 90 that the pressure when the relief valve opens should be in the interval 1570 to 1710 PSI. (108 to 118 BAR)
I have found no reference to GPM (or LPM) at different RPM. :(

Anders

Last edited:

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
I don't know if this is any help, but here is a breakdown of the hydraulics to my b205 blade. Take note where the hydraulic supply and return tie into the tractor. My setup is actually fed from a hydraulic block next to the break pedal so I don't know exactly where the pressure line ties into. But if you can make this work at least it gives you the size of the parts you need.

Last edited:

OldeEnglish

Equipment
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Seen the same set up on a b6001 I looked at and it had a diverter valve like a big switch fitted there so you could work a snow blade on the front. You just switched the valve to what you needed and controlled the lift by using the linkage lever
Yes you are correct, had to read through the directions and it does tie into that diverter valve. :rolleyes::D

OldeEnglish

Equipment
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Thats a lot of useful information!
Best thing would be to find a second hand diverter valve to put in.
Anyone with ideas where to find one and get it to Spain? :confused:

Anders
Is it obtainable from kubota anymore?
Have you tried searching for any tractor bone yards in your part of the world? There are a bunch in the USA, who knows they may ship internationally. Here is a post I found that may be of some assistance to you, there is also a video on OTC showing how to tap into the hydraulic lines if you are able to braze a few fittings.
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/f...6&highlight=B7100+hydraulic+block+part+number

I don't know if your tractor has one but is there a block inline of the hydraulic lines next to your brake pedal? If you do you can get a diverter plate that bolts in place of the existing cover plate. It is part number 70070-00385.

If you don't have a block, like Wolfman said above, you are better off tapping the hydraulic lines. That way you will still have the full use of your 3pt hitch and you don't have to search down a diverter valve.