Auxiliary hydraulic

grsabourin

Apr 7, 2014
Quebec city
Hi,

I would like to install a front snowblower on my B7100. I will need a hydraulic cylinder to move the snowblower up and down. For that I would like to install auxiliary hydraulic valve.

I have checked some post and documentation about that on the net. I saw a lot of B7100 with a box where it is possible to add a diverter block to connect auxiliary hydraulic. My tractor is not equipped with this box. I see 2 pipes on the right side that seems connection directly into the pump (sorry, not picture if require I will dismantle tractor body to take a picture). On pipe on the top and the other on the bottom. How it is possible to connect auxiliary on this configuration.

Thank you

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
If your tractor does not have the tap in block next to the fuel filter on the side of the engine then another option you might have is the auxiliary hydraulic port on the 3 point hitch. (not all B7100's have this). Look for a oblong metal nob under the front of the seat. If your tractor is equipped with this optional diverter then you can connect the hydraulics to that port. I will attach pictures from my B7100 HST that has this option. The hydraulics need a return to the tank fill port. If you don't have the diverter or the tap in block then you could cut into the high pressure line from the pump and loop to a hydraulic control valve or if you can find a used one you can add the diverter under the seat.

Attachments

grsabourin

Apr 7, 2014
Quebec city
Ok I will check on the tractor but I think I do not have this connection. In the case I do not this connection, what is the way to connect auxiliary hydraulic,

Thank you

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Service dept vic has posted several videos, one of them being a brief how-to on this very subject. Videos are right at the top of the page ^^^^

grsabourin

Apr 7, 2014
Quebec city
I have checked on the tractor. I have on my tractor the handle as greatly described by kubotasam. Without removing parts, I have tried to turn the handle and it seems really stuck. Are there special things to do to turn this handle?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would take it off and clean / soak it in cleaner and then it should move.
Forcing it to turn with out freeing it first could have some bad results.

kubotasam

Equipment
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
On my tractor if I have a load on the 3 point hitch (finish mower lifted) it will not turn (or turns so hard that I am afraid I might brake something). I am not sure if that is normal or not. I have only had this tractor a year or so and I use my others much more than this one. I am preparing this tractor for a front snow blower also.

grsabourin

Apr 7, 2014
Quebec city
Basically, if the 3 points is a single acting hydraulic I suppose this auxiliary output is also single acting. How it is possible to have a double acting?

kubotasam

Equipment
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
You turn the handle to the aux position. Lock or tie 3 point handle in the lift position. (bungie cord). The fluid flows out the aux port then to a control valve that you add. The return from the valve goes back into the fill port on the transmission. The return shows in my photos in my other post.

kubotasam

Equipment
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
If you use a single acting cylinder. (Power up- gravity down) You can turn the diverter valve to aux. Connect a hydraulic hose between the aux port and the cylinder. Then you can use the 3 point control to raise and lower the front mounted snowblower. No extra valve required.

grsabourin

Apr 7, 2014
Quebec city
Ok but it is only for single acting. I'm not sure to understand the circuit. If it is single acting, why connection a hose in the filling plug of the oil tank. As I know, a single acting cylinder has only one port.

Last edited: