attn: b2650 cab owners.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
i had one of the defective b3350's, the good point... the cabs a/c worked great.

my b2650's a/c has been a disappointment since purchase. it's been checked, dealer says it's working fine. tell that to the operator, when its 70-75 out and the cab is in the 80's with the a/c on high. engine speed doesn't seem to make much of a difference. or changing air vent from vent to recirc. only recieving mildly cool air from vents, never cold... compressor cycles normally.
i've even had insulated pads put between the engine and interior and under the floor mat. windows have been tinted to cut heat gain...

anyone else having issues or are you happy with the way yours is operating.

with summer on the horizon: and with a expired warranty, i'm considering a retrofit to a canadian a/c coolent substitute.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
So far so good. Mine ran fine all last summer but haven't needed it yet this year, barely spring here 70 today hooray. :D

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
o.k. some background. last august the b2650 went in for the 200 hr service, also to have the a/c checked... they cleaned the air filter for the cab. it worked kinda o.k. but never really cooled the cab. i always felt cooler when getting out of the cab. even with the a/c on high.
here we are in mid spring and the same thing is happening, with lower outside temperatures. i get out of the cab and the air is cooler. the tractor is out of warranty, so it was checked by someone else. the condenser had some blockage, but not so it would cause my problem. they put the gauges on. and told me it was low on refrigerant. they started adding coolant and the sight glass started to show bubbles. i thought that would happen if it was low on coolant / refrigerant.
the bubbles went away after adding over 20 oz of R-134a.
the pressures were still a bit low, but within range, so they disconnected and capped off the lines. a thermostat placed in a vent, showed less than 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
today while mowing, i couldn't use the a/c on anything but low speed with a bit of heat added to keep warm... if i turned it down and left it on high, i could probably keep freeze pops frozen...
seems the dealer, never put it on any test equipment, when it was checked last summer... now i can look forward to having a nice cool summer..
be sure to clean the evaporator after working in dusty areas or after mowing... i found that to keep things clean, you have to pull the battery every month or two to keep the evaporator clean...
i saw on one site, where they made a wand to spray the evaporator from the side so they didn't have to remove the battery. before summer, that will be one of my new projects...

barmstro

Equipment
b1860, b2650, front end loaders, box blade mmm, rear and front snowblowers
Dec 1, 2017
minnesota
My A/C pushes very cold air, no problem keeping things cool. I do keep the vent cleaned. Hmm hopefully your dealer will get to the problem, and the fix.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
thats just it, i had to take it to another place to get it fixed.... the dealer, just checked the filter and cleaned it. apparently, they thought that was the only problem... they didn't make sure that it was working to factory specs. otherwise they would of added the R-134a last august. and i would of seen it on my service order... that i had to sign...

it is nice to have cold air available......

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
See you are a much nicer person than I am. I fear I would be standing on someones desk venting my opinion on their ancestry and employees IQ. But thats just me Im glad you got it all sorted out, I guess it is true sometimes you have to go sideways to go forward

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
you can put up with a lot, after dealing with two dealers and a defective B3350 for a year. sure i got full value on a trade to the B2650. but i lost a year of work and a years worth of payments over it...
not especially happy with buying kubota products anymore...