Attachment cross compatibility

Shawnmc

Equipment
B1550
Dec 29, 2019
Kirkfield, Canada
Hello, new to the Kubota world after years using a subcompact (I guess?) 1974 Case 444. Built every attachment I've ever needed. 24" ground ripper, 52" box blade, 52" triple articulating scraper blade, 2-harrow plow, front end loader, roll over bar, etc.. Picking up a used B1550 for a price I can't pass up. Mid mount mower and low hours.

I want to get into the 4x4 and proper PTO output world. Brush hog and be able to run a small wood chipper to help clean up my parents property, 7 over grown acres, ideally since it's hilly terrain, like to clean out and make the old man a small golf course.

Wondering what cross compatibility there is for stuff like plows, sweepers and snowblowers for a 1991 B1550 and newer BX tractors? I picked up some pieces of a shredded Kubota BX series FEL from a scrapyard which will be a good start to making one for this tractor, but also like the idea of having some OEM stuff like the blower and sweeper

Shawn

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hello, new to the Kubota world after years using a subcompact (I guess?) 1974 Case 444. Built every attachment I've ever needed. 24" ground ripper, 52" box blade, 52" triple articulating scraper blade, 2-harrow plow, front end loader, roll over bar, etc.. Picking up a used B1550 for a price I can't pass up. Mid mount mower and low hours.

I want to get into the 4x4 and proper PTO output world. Brush hog and be able to run a small wood chipper to help clean up my parents property, 7 over grown acres, ideally since it's hilly terrain, like to clean out and make the old man a small golf course.

Wondering what cross compatibility there is for stuff like plows, sweepers and snowblowers for a 1991 B1550 and newer BX tractors? I picked up some pieces of a shredded Kubota BX series FEL from a scrapyard which will be a good start to making one for this tractor, but also like the idea of having some OEM stuff like the blower and sweeper

Shawn
You'll have to do quite a bit of retrofitting to get BX Attachments to work on an old B, you would be better off looking for B implements, you'll still have to retrofit them but it's doable.
Get the front quick hitch and adapt it to fit your B with a Mid PTO attachment and you'll be able to use newer front mounted implements.

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
Just wanted to say welcome to the Kubota family. I too had / am selling 2 Case (220 & 222) tractors, and wanted four wheel assist. My father loved the Cases! Has 10 of them when he passed. So I picked up a B7100, and then got the hankering for a fel, and bought a new L2501 in September. Good looking old 444, do you plan on keeping it? Nice handiwork on the implements!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Shawnmc

Equipment
B1550
Dec 29, 2019
Kirkfield, Canada
Ok I'll keep an eye out for B implements, around here it's just difficult since the only listing description people give us "Kubota" and you have to expend the energy prying out the information of what machine it came off.. haha. I'll look into the quick hitch, if I can find one, I can definitely make it fit.

Thanks Bill,

Of all the older tractors I've seen/looked at, these case tractors had the most appeal. Giant tires, solid rear ends, heavy duty implements, and 3 point all in garden tractor format. I'm only 27 but I can appreciate old iron, it just always lasts longer. They're handy tractors for what they are, and in this time and age of no one wanting to fix anything, they can be had cheap.

I paid $1700 for a 444 446, 2 decks, 2 snowblowers, hydraulic rototiller, 2 plows, a giant service book on every single part including 2 comprehensive books on both the Kohler 14HP and Onan 16HP. All because of some broken hoses that the guy couldn't figure out. He bought them a few months before from a lawyer that obviously cared for them and had almost all service records and parts receipts. You can track down the papers and see that he stopped paying to have them serviced and started doing all his own maintenance around 1987-1988, crazy!

I would like to keep the 444 in the family, I tore it down and put it back together resealing every O ring and hose, adding wetlines, seperate 3 point and mid lift controls, and loaded AG tires. Ideally I'd give it to my old man to keep at his place. The 446 I'm throwing in a 18HP princess auto motor and likely just sell it, since I'll be overrun with tractor soon!

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
What a deal on 2 workhorses, great find! I am just trying to find the 220 & 222 new homes now. Need garage space. 2 Kubotas feed the need now.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Shawnmc

Equipment
B1550
Dec 29, 2019
Kirkfield, Canada
Figured I would add to this. Whipping up a loader from scraps, going off the same dimensions as a BX25, but a whole lot less polished. Going to whip up some quick connects tomorrow if I get a chance, then bucket, then decide on rams. I figure from the measurements I'm swapping over that I'll have the same lift and arc as the BX25, except I'll be going to with 2 curl rams instead of 1. So I figure probably go with a 50" bucket.

If anyone needs the info for the fitting size on the hydraulic block on a B1550/B1750, it's a 3/8" BSPP O-ring boss. Hmm. Not letting me as pictures.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Just so you know, the B1550 requires a full subframe for the loader, from front frame all the way to rear axle.

If you try and just bolt on a loader to just the front or side frames like the BX, you will break the tractor in half!

Shawnmc

Equipment
B1550
Dec 29, 2019
Kirkfield, Canada
Just so you know, the B1550 requires a full subframe for the loader, from front frame all the way to rear axle.

If you try and just bolt on a loader to just the front or side frames like the BX, you will break the tractor in half!
Yep, I built the initial post mounts off the belly mower brackets for the uprights, then from there going to bend some 1-3/4" tube to run supports to the front and rear diff just like how the factory style subframe is.

Wierd, still won't let me upload images.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yep, I built the initial post mounts off the belly mower brackets for the uprights, then from there going to bend some 1-3/4" tube to run supports to the front and rear diff just like how the factory style subframe is.

Wierd, still won't let me upload images.
What error message are you getting?
Check the sizes of the picture files.

Shawnmc

Equipment
B1550
Dec 29, 2019
Kirkfield, Canada
Just says upload failed. Can't resize pictures on this phone so guess that's the end of pictures for me.

Bought the cylinders, fittings, and 2 spool to add wet lines front/rear. Ideally for rear hydraulic top link or a bucket grapple if I want to down the road.

I have loads of SS hydraulic tube so I'll run hard lines to quick connects at the rear, front will be just quick connects at the spool until I decide something with it. Wound up going with a 2"x14" ram for the lift cylinders, and a single 2-1/2"x8" for the curl cylinder. At full extension puts me at 74" pin height. I have a feeling I may need to trade in the curl cylinder for a 6".

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Just says upload failed. Can't resize pictures on this phone so guess that's the end of pictures for me.

Bought the cylinders, fittings, and 2 spool to add wet lines front/rear. Ideally for rear hydraulic top link or a bucket grapple if I want to down the road.

I have loads of SS hydraulic tube so I'll run hard lines to quick connects at the rear, front will be just quick connects at the spool until I decide something with it. Wound up going with a 2"x14" ram for the lift cylinders, and a single 2-1/2"x8" for the curl cylinder. At full extension puts me at 74" pin height. I have a feeling I may need to trade in the curl cylinder for a 6".
A trick that I have learned, a send the picture via a text message to my wife. The pictures is resized by the text program. I then click on the picture and share via my email program and the picture is resized to be able to upload on the website. Not the simplest process, but it works when I just have my phone.