attaching a woods backhoe to subframe

zake1000

Equipment
L2800
Jun 18, 2014
Athol, MA
Hi,
I'm looking for help on how to attach woods bh70x backhoe to a Kubota L2800. My issue are the three point hitch arms are in the way. I can't disconnect them at the bottom, and there is no way to raise or lower the arms that will not be in the way of attaching the four points to the tractor subframe.
I attached two images of the 3 point brackets in the way.
It's still on the palette it was shipped on. I just finally finished hooking up all the hydraulics and subframe. Would like to get it off the driveway for winter.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You will need to remove the pins that hold the three point arm on the tractor in order to get them out of the way, also pull the pins on the clevises for the chains.

Attachments

zake1000

Equipment
L2800
Jun 18, 2014
Athol, MA
Hi Thank you for the information. I got the screws that hold the pin in. But i can't seem to be able to get the pin out. I can turn the bracket slightly with a punch but no way of pulling it out.
How do you pull the pin out?

zake1000

Equipment
L2800
Jun 18, 2014
Athol, MA
Thank you again wolfman.
i was able to remove the pins. I think I'm going to clean the surface rust off before i put then back on. These pins are tough to remove since you can't push them out from the other side, and can't be pried (nowhere to pry it from). I had to use a punch to rotate the bracket attached to the pin. Had to be careful because the bracket started turning.
Do you think it would be OK to drill a hole in the other side so the pins can be pushed from the other side.
Again, thank you for the info.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
NO, you can not drill a hole on the other side, that side is part of the gear case and it's full of oil, you'll create a nasty leak!

Before you put the pin in coat them with some silicone grease and they will be much easier to remove. ;)

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I have an L2800 as well...take a picture of the 3 pt setup...or mark the arms to make putting everything back later, easier. The subframe, once installed, will allow you to re-install the 3p t set up for when you use a box blade or some other device. You should be able to install the subframe without removing everything.

Of course the 3pt arms come off for installing the backhoe assembly to the subframe...but you should also figure out your hydraulics now as well. Make sure all your fittings will work together...and that the flow is an extension of the existing circuit. There should be a coupling connection on the right rear (facing the tractor from the back)...those fittings are a Kubota oddball size...so make sure your Woods fittings are compatible.

Tighten the hell out off those bolts holding the subframe...and check them occasionally ...I use my backhoe a lot...and they can work loose.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Wow! I can't believe you have to remove all your 3pt parts just to pin on the backhoe. Not very friendly to switching back and forth.

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
Please post pictures when you get it finished. Did you use sub frame 1033674? Thanks