Attaching a rear view mirror

Frankb

Equipment
Kubota B2601, FEL, Backhoe, Belly Mower, Grapple, Rear Scrape Blade
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I installed a rubber pad on both sides of the canopy to help absorb the vibration. The pads go in between the metal plate and the canopy. One on each side sandwiched in between. To be clear, I put the plate, rubber pad, canopy, rubber pad and then the second plate. Bolted it all together and that gave me a flat mounting surface for the mirror mounting button. I used JB Weld to mount the button to the inside metal plate. Wait a full day before mounting the mirror on the mount button.
Hope this helps you out.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Nice job. I like the back ground. For one, that looks like a really nice shed, the little tractor sitting out side brings back the memories. Everything looks like it has been taken care of like it should be, nice.

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
The roof you see is part of a 60 X 100 pole barn. The tractor sitting out is a Ford 8N, which I am restoring. It usually is under the same roof, but we had to move it out temp to get to some round bales we had to deliver.

I am also restoring a Bota B7200 that I bought 20 years ago. Add those two to restoring our round baler, maintenance on five tractors, Case backhoe, three square balers, fluffer, rake, Bobcat, two four wheelers, two golf carts, Ag sprayer, and assorted plows, and you have a retired guy pretty busy.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Nothing wrong with that. I love the farm life and guess I always will. The best times in my life were spent farming with my family.