Are the third valve option on the new BX23S installed at the factory?

Mr Winichester

Jul 13, 2017
Hawaii
I am going to order a BX23S TLB the new 80 series.
On the Kubouta web site they have a third valve function option for this model,when you use their "build your kubota" page. ls this option installed at the factory? if it is order with this option. Or is this something that the dealer installs after the tractor arives from the factory.

Thanks
Doug

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Aloha! I don't see it on the wholegoods list! I would assume that they are still using Land Pride 3rd function kit. Any part number for it?

Which county of Hawaii do you hail from?

Pat

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
I'd assume it's similar to the cab option. The cab for my BX23S is a Curtis cab that was dealer installed.

Mr Winichester

Jul 13, 2017
Hawaii
Thanks for the replys, i,m on big island.

I dont need the valve right away, but I thought if the factory was doing it, I might add it on, but If not I could put it on later my self. I was interested in a gaurenteed clean install from the factory.

So still looking for a answer on this

TheDon81

Equipment
Hopefully a BX23S soon
Jun 13, 2017
Pelham, NH
Thanks for the replys, i,m on big island.

I dont need the valve right away, but I thought if the factory was doing it, I might add it on, but If not I could put it on later my self. I was interested in a gaurenteed clean install from the factory.

So still looking for a answer on this

This is my exact plan I want a grapple but it's not in the card this year so it'll be something I'll look at later, I thought I'd order the 3rd function kit with the tractor but the dealer would have had to order it so my plan is to do it at a later date when I find the grapple I want since land pride doesn't offer one yet for the quick release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I am going to order a BX23S TLB the new 80 series.
On the Kubouta web site they have a third valve function option for this model,when you use their "build your kubota" page. ls this option installed at the factory? if it is order with this option. Or is this something that the dealer installs after the tractor arives from the factory.

Thanks
Doug
Doug,
The 3rd valve is an "option" on the BX23s. I would suggest you call kubota directly to see if it is a factory installed item or not. I`m not sure, but i dont think they are installed at the factory, i`m pretty sure that the dealerships install the kit when the tractor has arrived at the dealership. At least thats what i was told when i bought my BX23s.

If its something that can be installed at the factory...DO SO...!!! There is nothing worse than having a dealer install it and end up with a hack job... which is about 95% of the time. Dealers wont put quality into the install like the factory will, most average dealers just want it out the door so to speak. I`ve had my share of dealer installed hack jobs... so my advice is to call the kubota customer service number and see if you can get it installed BEFORE it leaves the factory. If you can, DO IT, you`ll thank me later, just trust me on THAT subject...lol.

FUSE

Equipment
B3350-B2650-Z125s-KX008-Bobcat MT100-Case/Davis TF310
May 24, 2017
North Dakota
I could be wrong but It appears to me if you order a new bx that valve can come from the factory installed...kind of like which size bucket u order the backhoe with...the only item I see on their build sheet as "for sure needed to be installed by a dealer" is the cab and the cab accessories...
I had mine as an option but it would have had to be installed by the dealer since mine was ordered without one. I think it was almost $800 to have them install it so I passed on it for now.

Last edited:

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
Resurrecting an old thread to add info about the newer BX 80 series Kubota 3rd function kit. I had my dealer install this (PN: BX2412) kit this week.

Kit includes the new FEL handle with button, new right side fender trim plastic piece with molded in power on/off button, hoses, wiring, valve, metal shielding at front of FEL. Kit does not include hydraulic connectors.

My dealer did a very nice job, it looks factory installed even running the stick button wiring inside the handle, no exposed wiring.

In addition to the kit plan on connectors, a hydraulic fluid top off (less than a quart) and 1.5 hours labor.

One consideration for BX tractors: This functions as a diverter valve instead of a true 3rd function. The information I got was the BX was lacking hydraulic capacity so it cannot curl and clamp at the same time. So, with the button pressed left & right on the FEL controller clamps & releases, button released the FEL curls with left & right.

Dealer was Dan's Tractors in Battleground, WA. As always superb service and fair price working with Dan's!

I've included some photos of the install.

Button on FEL control.jpg

Connectors, front of valve cover.jpg

New cover with on.off switch.jpg

Wiring along FEL hoses.jpg

Underside of valve cover.jpg

unionvillecountryboy

Equipment
BX 2380
Apr 25, 2018
Martinsville
Resurrecting an old thread to add info about the newer BX 80 series Kubota 3rd function kit. I had my dealer install this (PN: BX2412) kit this week.

Kit includes the new FEL handle with button, new right side fender trim plastic piece with molded in power on/off button, hoses, wiring, valve, metal shielding at front of FEL. Kit does not include hydraulic connectors.

My dealer did a very nice job, it looks factory installed even running the stick button wiring inside the handle, no exposed wiring.

In addition to the kit plan on connectors, a hydraulic fluid top off (less than a quart) and 1.5 hours labor.

One consideration for BX tractors: This functions as a diverter valve instead of a true 3rd function. The information I got was the BX was lacking hydraulic capacity so it cannot curl and clamp at the same time. So, with the button pressed left & right on the FEL controller clamps & releases, button released the FEL curls with left & right.

Dealer was Dan's Tractors in Battleground, WA. As always superb service and fair price working with Dan's!

View attachment 33775

View attachment 33776

View attachment 33777

View attachment 33778

View attachment 33779

I found a BX2412 kit. Brand new. Can someone help me find a list of contents it is supposed to have so I can verify? I've been all over Kubota's site and can't find a BOM for the kit. My dealer is clueless.

Also, another dealer out of state said that his screen showed there was an additional part required to purchase when getting the BX2412 kit, does anyone know what that additional part is or what it costs?

dancwilliams

Equipment
BX2680
May 27, 2020
Folsom, LA

View attachment 33775

View attachment 33776

View attachment 33777

View attachment 33778

View attachment 33779
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I have a quick question I hope someone can help with. What size connectors fit the BX2412 kit? I have one on my tractor from the factory but didn't receive any paperwork. Thanks!

Ruprik

Equipment
BX23S
Aug 14, 2020
Northern California
I found a BX2412 kit. Brand new. Can someone help me find a list of contents it is supposed to have so I can verify? I've been all over Kubota's site and can't find a BOM for the kit. My dealer is clueless.

Also, another dealer out of state said that his screen showed there was an additional part required to purchase when getting the BX2412 kit, does anyone know what that additional part is or what it costs?
Hi, new to the forum but I just happened to have picked one of these up this week. Attached is the parts list. The kit was $650 without installation.

As a clarification to an earlier post, it doesn’t come with a new cover (lever guide). There’s already a hole with a plug in the existing cover that you pop out, insert the on/off switch. and then put a sticker on it.

The on/off switch does not have a rubber boot unfortunately. Hopefully that’s not an issue someday.

The rubber booted switch that actuates the valve is at the top of the control lever and the wire runs inside the stick which is slick.

The kit does not come with the quick release hydraulic connectors pictured in Post #8 (Redbusdriver’s post, 2nd photo) which appear black. Instead, the ports are just capped off. I think that this is the only additional parts that are needed to connect to the hoses of the grapple, etc.

The BX# for the kit is BX2412. The part number is 7J626-97020. Including this as most dealers tried to sell me the Land Pride kit which (as I understand it) appears more aftermarket than stock once installed but performs the same function.

Attachments

Stardog

Equipment
Bx2680
Apr 27, 2021
Portland, ME

View attachment 29478

View attachment 29479

View attachment 29480

View attachment 29481

View attachment 29482
Thanks for the pics. I have had an issue with the hydrolic terminals on my bx2680 where the top most terminal will start to lose and then I have to remove the guard plate and tighten that back down. This is the top terminal in pic number 2. This is the one that is attached via an "s" shaped pipe fittings. Have you had similar issues? Any fix?

Stardog

Equipment
Bx2680
Apr 27, 2021
Portland, ME
Thanks for the pics. I have had an issue with the hydrolic terminals on my bx2680 where the top most terminal will start to lose and then I have to remove the guard plate and tighten that back down. This is the top terminal in pic number 2. This is the one that is attached via an "s" shaped pipe fittings. Have you had similar issues? Any fix?
Also there was a great YouTube series of videos that were at one time published by a guy who was a tech for kabota. This series was about the install on the bx2412. Can't find the videos any longer.. I bought my kit and did self install. I even read the directions.