BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Any chance you can give me a quick rundown on the set up you have coming off the by pass on your tractor ?
Sure, just see my build thread below. It's a super simple setup and it works great. I didn't bother to put any valves in and I'm glad I didn't. It doesn't throw any heat in the summer unless you turn on the blower. It's also nice just to have the option of an additional way to keep the engine cool on hot days.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16065&page=2

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Larry, same question for you as I asked Chim, did you plumb in any valves to shut the heat off in the summer, if so, where did you locate them in the system ? It seems to me that I would need to re connect the by pass if i were to shut off the water to the core in the summer ?
I just leave the water flowing through the heater in summer. Might get a little warm if you left the doors on due to rain. With my doors off and the heater fan off I don't notice the heater being hot unless I touch it. Its not like a car where the air flows through the heater with the fan off because the vehicle is moving 60 mph.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
When searching elsewhere for a valve you need to realize that there are two styles which look the same and are often confused and misapplied.
Diverting and mixing are the two types.
Simple definition: "Diverting Valves" are Either/Or never both.

From another source the following:

"Mixing" takes 2 inlets and proportionately mixes them to a single outlet. "Diverting" takes either 1 inlet and ports it to either 1 of 2 outlets or 2 inlets and ports it to a single outlet, never both. Siemens go's so far as to term them "Sequence" and "Changeover" each goes on a specific end of the heating coil (in hydronic heating applications)

There are a number of places on the web which will show piping arrangements for both.

In your case it is a diverting valve you need.

Dave M7040