Anyone using ramps or lift device to service their compat tractor

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I did a forum search and read the posts, but not too much there so I am reasking the question.

I am getting a B2650 with cab.
I have watched the youtube maintenance videos and it would be nice not to have to lay on the ground to do it, especially for those of us that are in a winter climate.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Even in a warmer climate I have trouble getting up after laying down under the tractor. :(

Nothing I hate worse than having to get up and down several times to get a project done.

Firefox

Equipment
2650 hst cab,fel,72mmm,48lp forks,48 tiller,PeCo vac,wt box
Mar 15, 2018
Swanton ,Oh
You will love that tractor when you get it. A large piece of cardboard works great to slide underneath it due to the clearance. I suppose you could drive up four matching automotive ramps but that could be very dangerous . Tractors do not have wide Frame lift points for a car lift

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Unless you have a lift, you will need a creeper. If you have long arms and can squat, you might be able to reach almost everything with no 'aids'.
I think through (as best I can) what job I am doing and be prepared to minimize the number of times I get up and down. Only then changing the hydraulic fluids front and back, do I have to raise the tractor so as to enable my four gallon drain bucket to fit under. Regular oil and filter changes there is no need to raise it.

charleneandrich

Dec 9, 2018
Tiverton
I back it onto 2 automobile ramps, and then use a floor jack for the front. If you run it up the ramps in front, then jack the back it will be very wobbly side to side due to the front end geometry (BX). If you do jack the back, do one side at a time to keep it stable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I back it onto 2 automobile ramps, and then use a floor jack for the front. If you run it up the ramps in front, then jack the back it will be very wobbly side to side due to the front end geometry (BX). If you do jack the back, do one side at a time to keep it stable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I could see that on the sub compact BX series, but not sure of doing that on the B series or larger.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
You will love that tractor when you get it. A large piece of cardboard works great to slide underneath it due to the clearance. I suppose you could drive up four matching automotive ramps but that could be very dangerous . Tractors do not have wide Frame lift points for a car lift
I was thinking of this, but with dual rear ramps, providing more surface area for the tires.

Just not sure of its stability or ability to get up there. Would hate to roll it!!! :eek::eek:

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
I used my Rhino ramps when servicing my BX23S. Placed the front onto them.You still need a creeper, but it is easier.

John Lash

Equipment
B2100, B2650
Nov 23, 2017
Elizabeth, Pa.
I've never even thought of raising a tractor. Most everything is accessible from one side or the other. I've never had a tractor with a cab. Maybe that makes a difference.

I do use a hydraulic jack to lift the front end a couple inches to make it easier to slide the mmm deck out.

I use a jack to barely raise the rear wheels off the ground to make it easier to put tire chains on too.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I have 3ph power in my shop and lucked out as our fleet mechanic was moving shops and was divesting a 3ph 4 post drive on hoist. $1200 later and I had hoist in my shop, 4t, with wheels free option. I drive the tractor on it, raise it 1' and I can reach my shop mezzanine to place pallets using my clamp on forks.