Anyone make a 2x12 or similar angled snow pusher for their bucket?

cuboodle

Equipment
B2601
May 9, 2023
PA
I'm a tractor poor redneck....I mean Appalachian American...... saving for a tiller and forks for my new B2601. Any pics of a contraption to attach to my loader bucket for pushing snow?? I was thinking of 2, 2x12's angled to one side. Gravel drive way about 200 feet long.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Tonight go out to the local highway and bring your tool kit with you. When no one is looking, grab a section of galvanized guard rail. When you get it home, cut it to the proper length to have a little overhand on each end of the bucket. Using the fire axe that you borrowed off of the fire truck that came to put out the brush fire last summer at your home, punch some holes in the ends with the pointed end of the axe. Then head down to your neighbor's house and see if you can snag some bailing wire and bring it home. Use the bailing wire to wire the piece of guard rail onto your bucket, and wait for snow to see how well it works.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
🤔 Guardrail huh?
Me gots four 14ft str8s 😁

Don't mind me, I'm daydreaming ideas again.

I have a frame mounted Snow plow anyway 🤪

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
No, but a friend made a snow pusher for his BX22XX out of one of those plastic Lifetime banquet tables and some ratchet straps. He said it works great!

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Do you have a loader with bucket? If so, bucket works until you make a better solution. If not, guard rail strapped to the front should work.

Reactions: 1 users

cuboodle

Equipment
B2601
May 9, 2023
PA
Tonight go out to the local highway and bring your tool kit with you. When no one is looking, grab a section of galvanized guard rail. When you get it home, cut it to the proper length to have a little overhand on each end of the bucket. Using the fire axe that you borrowed off of the fire truck that came to put out the brush fire last summer at your home, punch some holes in the ends with the pointed end of the axe. Then head down to your neighbor's house and see if you can snag some bailing wire and bring it home. Use the bailing wire to wire the piece of guard rail onto your bucket, and wait for snow to see how well it works.
How'd you know about that brush fire........

cuboodle

Equipment
B2601
May 9, 2023
PA
If your new B2601 has SSQA loader, remove bucket, attach 2by12s to the SSQA 'frame' ?
That's what I was thinking, angled to the right. Maybe an angle iron strip on the bottom to reduce wear. I live near Pittsburgh PA and didnt have to plow once last year largest snow was 4 inches and it melted a day or two later.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I should be so lucky. We've already had 3 "snows" this year.

Will be here until May. No melting til then.

As to your post. What happens when you want to push the snow "the other way" from the angle you have setup?

P0234

Equipment
BX
Nov 13, 2023
NoVA
There are always cheap plow setups on FB Marketplace, sure they might not be meant for the BX but you can adapt anything if you are handy. The rustier they are, the cheaper they are listed for. Probably a little better than a guard rail too.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Like cuboodle said we havent had any real snow since well maybe 15 years ago, but we got dumped on so much we lived off the gen set for 13 days. I looked really had at a push blade the the B, but I have on for the BX so its all good and I have the bucket on the B if it comes to that. But to get back to the OP, if you have a welder and can weld ( I cant) look around for an old snow blade off say a CJ or any truck or SUV, You might need to section it to fit, say 55 or 60 inches, and start melting wire.

cuboodle

Equipment
B2601
May 9, 2023
PA

As to your post. What happens when you want to push the snow "the other way" from the angle you have setup?
I would go the other direction with the tractor to push the other way but I get what yer sayin!!... Im leaning towards Skeets idea get a rusty blade and cobble up one. If I get a SSQA "plate" I may be able to weld up something better off of marketplace or Craigslist.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Usually by this time of year, we've already gotten snow several times. Nothing yet...not even a puny flurry.

We've had two str8 weeks of rain though....some nights the downpours are intense. On the norm you cannot hear the water flowing in the creek. In the past couple weeks it's been flowing hard and fast. In the summer time I could get across it wearing knee boots, now it's 40ft-45ft to the other side.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Might not fit your budget but if you don’t get massive amounts of snow often, a used backblade might be a decent option. You can push snow with it and it would be useful for dirt or gravel grading if you ever have a need for that. Doesn’t need to be very heavy to deal with snow. If you get a “10 year snow” that is too much for a blade, you still have a loader to deal with it.

I have a backblade that’s older than I am. Frame has been bent as long as I’ve known anything about it (at least 55 years) so I probably couldn’t sell it for more than a few hundred dollars but there’s enough adjustment in the 3 point to level it out so it doesn’t really matter much. If you could find something like that… 🤷‍♂️

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi

Go Backwards...

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Back blades around here are going around $300 or so. Got lucky getting a 6 foot king cutter for $200. Right place at right time. Back blade would be your best option.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Back blades around here are going around $300 or so. Got lucky getting a 6 foot king cutter for $200. Right place at right time. Back blade would be your best option.
That is because in Minnesota flurries are 5-6 inches of snow, and a true snowstorm is more like 24-30 inches of snow. I believe that you call it "Lake effect snow" or is in Michigan and Upper New York State.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
That is because in Minnesota flurries are 5-6 inches of snow, and a true snowstorm is more like 24-30 inches of snow. I believe that you call it "Lake effect snow" or is in Michigan and Upper New York State.
Am in middle of the state so no lake effect for me. Michigan and New York get monstrous lake effect snow though.

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
This is a project I started a while back. A snow pusher to attach to my bucket. It is still sitting the the garage not completely done. We didn't get much snow last year. Biggest problem is figuring out the best way to attach it to the bucket. Brief testing showed it pushed well, but would come lose fairly easily. Still need to add some corners to it with maybe do large aluminum angle and need to use something on the bottom as a skid surface. Maybe we will get a lot of snow this year and it will encourage me to finish it.
IMG_5320.JPG

IMG_5329.JPG

IMG_5335.JPG

Reactions: 1 users