Anyone lost a child before their time.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Words cannot begin to suffice. So sorry for your loss. While most of us are proud of our son's, it is clear yours stood far above most. Though he is gone now, it sounds like he lived his life to the fullest, and he made a difference. Cherish the memories, allow yourself to grieve, and in time the pain will lessen. Hang in there.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
You are living my worst nightmare right now and I sit here teary eyed trying to type the words of comfort as not simply a parent but also a shameless patriot as his loss is not only for his family which is the greatest pain, but for every one of his fellow soldiers and this country those who's loss is so painful.

I'm proud of him and know everyone who knew him was too, and I'm proud of you and your wife and of course his sister because all together you raised
such an incredible awesome man. The only way to survive this painful blow is to cherish your every moment with the survivors and try to turn every memory that brings you sorrow to the one's that remind you of just how very fortunate you were to share your life with him. Stop and think of how lucky you are to be his dad, to know him at his very best and to think of all those things that he could do and that is all that will set you free from the crushing weight that's on your heart right now. To have such a fine young man as a son as a friend as a soldier..it just doesn't get any better in life because you and your family had him front and center in your lives and and the comfort in that joy is the comfort you cherish and smile both inside and out because of it. He's still there with you in heart and mind and I know he too is proud to be in God's good graces as that's where all who love so much and do so much end up. You can take comfort in that my friend he's made the ultimate sacrifice putting himself in harms way to save others and god has saved him for eternity since he earned it through his actions
on earth.
While your out tinkering on the tractor and those good memories come to mind I know if you smile your heart will feel better you truly are a lucky man. What an outstanding family you have!
Al

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana
Well we got through the services the last two days and it was tough. I guess in an effort to torture ourselves My wife and I along with Chris's 16 year old sister went to see the movie American Sniper in his honor. He couldn't wait for it to come out. I wanted our daughter to in a small way understand some of what he done for us and his country. It was very impactful, so exactly like some of the stories my son had told me from his experiences. My daughter has came away with a better understanding of it and none of us have any regrets as to choosing this day. It was quite an irony to go see this movie about the life of Christopher Scott Kyle on the very day we said our good byes to our very own Christopher Scott....

orangelegacy

Equipment
B8200
Jan 10, 2015
ontaro
So sorry to hear about your loss. In these circumstances, no words can soften the pain you must be feeling. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Cam

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I can only say "ditto" to what tiredguy said. Being a veteran myself, I understand his disire to serve and protect our country, his family. I also saw "American Sniper " last night and was very proud to know these guys risk their lives for each other and us. Just saw the news this am , some idiot moron called snipers cowards.. Get your fat $%^ over there on the street and see what it's like. Gotta stop talking, makes me mad...

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Life is so fleeting...

Men like your son seem to be "old souls," far wiser than the average mortal. They live life to the fullest measure, usually in service to others. To them, their life is nothing unusual. The rest of us who take note, stand in awe. It is as if they know they have a limited time to get in all that life offers.

Losing a kid is the worst cut. But, death is only painful for those left behind. In time, you will be at peace with it and know you witnessed a true gift from God. You will always miss him.

From two service members, we thank your family and the good Lord for sacrifices by people like Chris. It is people like him that will save our nation.

Ray