Anyone installed a L7221A rear hydraulics kit on a L4701HST?

jcwren

Equipment
L4701HST w/ LA765, RCR1272, Forks
Jul 22, 2021
Clarkesville, GA
I'm looking at adding a rear hydraulics kit on my L4701HST for a flail mower with hydraulic side shift. I haven't found any videos or articles of anyone doing a self-install on one yet. I know there are other kits, so searching by the part number may be a little too specific.

Has anyone done this themselves, and how difficult is it? Looking at the parts in the kit, it doesn't *appear* to be too involved, but I'd rather not have one of those projects that winds up taking it to the dealership half-done because I screwed something up.

The dealership wants somewhere around $1000 to install it. I've found the kits for $575, so there's some economic incentive to do it myself.

Thanks!
--jc

Esabvol

Equipment
Kubota 3560 LE
Mar 15, 2021
Lebanon, TN
Where'd you find that? I was looking for anything related to the kit, but pretty much came up empty.
Mine is getting picked up Monday to put the 3rd function kit on, decided that while they had it I was going
Yeah. Except for man-handling the tire, looks time consuming but pretty straight forward.
Dealer is getting mine on Monday to install a third function kit for a grapple. Decided while it was there to let them install two rear remotes

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
The L-60 rear remote kit is completely different than L-01 series.

L-01 series is pretty easy. For the most part. There is a bracket that is a little bit of a bear. Not too bad. I had them down to about 45 minutes best I remember. The kit instructions suck. Basically you'll use the parts list and breakdown more than the instructions themselves, but this is where I have been harping on Kubota for years (decades) to improve the instructions so that everyone including us dummy mechanics can figure it out.

Reactions: 1 users

jimr63

Equipment
M5-091HDC, L47TLB, L4701F, ZD1211-72, GR2120-54, RTV-X1140
Jun 24, 2015
SOMD
The L-60 rear remote kit is completely different than L-01 series.

L-01 series is pretty easy. For the most part. There is a bracket that is a little bit of a bear. Not too bad. I had them down to about 45 minutes best I remember. The kit instructions suck. Basically you'll use the parts list and breakdown more than the instructions themselves, but this is where I have been harping on Kubota for years (decades) to improve the instructions so that everyone including us dummy mechanics can figure it out.
Agree! One of the easier installs I’ve done on a tractor. I installed two rear remotes a few years apart on my 4701 and removed my seat for access which is an easy task too. IIRC the instructions say to remove the right tire but there’s no need to do that. Just installed a factory third function on my M5…talk about crappy installation instructions!😡

Reactions: 1 user