Anyone here own or use an M-1078 or similar?

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Never met him before. My friend in Hawaii had transported some LMTVs to the docks for him on one previous occasion, and this was the second time that he did it. The guy still hasn't paid my friend for transporting both trucks and has asked for an "extension" on making the payment which is around $1,200. The only reason why I was involved with this guy is that he got me a "deal" on shipping. I don't believe for one second that he has an in with AML shipping and can get deals. It costs what it costs. For the record, I paid a little under $3,800 for shipping. I'm about $5k into this LMTV at the moment but it did come with two wheels and tires (one tire trashed) in the bed which was a nice surprise.

So the guy who I dropped off has insisted that he tracked his phone heading north but then it died. I've looked all over my Jeep and the LMTV and can't find it so I'm assuming that it was "on" the Jeep and not "in" the Jeep and it probably fell off along the route.
Sounds like all of his problems were none of yours.... See ya, Bye! Seems to me you had your shit together and was ready to shag outta there, which is what I would have done!

Reactions: 1 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Do you like my safety chain in the form of a winch rope? I bet some will have fits over that! And then there's the fact that I drove an untitled, unregistered truck with no plates 600 miles through three states! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
I see no problems here.

Reactions: 1 user

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Do you like my safety chain in the form of a winch rope? I bet some will have fits over that! And then there's the fact that I drove an untitled, unregistered truck with no plates 600 miles through three states! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Kind of like "driving the back roads so you don't get weighted"... :p

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Sounds like all of his problems were none of yours.... See ya, Bye! Seems to me you had your shit together and was ready to shag outta there, which is what I would have done!
When he got stuck a short way out of the shipping company gates on a hill with traffic all over the place I was very tempted to take off but I'm not a quitter. Had I left it would have put him in a tough spot, and even though driving him back to Spokane was frustrating, annoying and exhausting, it was the noble thing to do. Now I can walk away and never have to deal with him again knowing that I owe him nothing and that I didn't take the easy path, as tempting as it was.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Kind of like "driving the back roads so you don't get weighted"... :p
We were passed by numerous state troopers, local police etc., and passed a number of police along the road in WA and ID (none in MT) and none of them gave a rats! I had bought a 7-pin adapter for the LMTV and some magnetic lights for the Jeep that use the standard 7-pin RV plug, but need to reconfigure some wiring to make the lights work properly (LMTV's fault) so I had no functioning lights on the Jeep. I was sure some LEO would pull me over, particularly at night, but none did.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
That thing is awesome! Congrats!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
So I "had" to order one of these so that I can remove/install the 1-1/2" lug nuts that require around 600 lb-ft of torque.

I have a Milwaukee M18 impact but it won't touch the lug nuts. The torque multiplier isn't intended for use with an impact.

I have a lot of OTC tools and like the fact that they're mostly made in Taiwan.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Stripped down, fuel filters changed, spare tire mounted, cab cleaned out and ready to work.

lmtv_stripped_down.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
A bit of an update on this thread. I was at the DMV last week transferring titles for a boat and trailer and bought all of the LMTV paperwork with me in the hope that I could get the beast titled and registered. I was told that I'll need to complete an Application for Break/Bond Title form and jump through the following hoops:

1. Obtain a value of the vehicle from www.nada.com (vehicle isn't in the database).
2. Obtain a three-year bond from a surety company in the amount equal to the value of the vehicle (what's this and what's it for?)
3. Have a LE officer complete a Stage 1 Vehicle/OHV Identification Number Inspection form.
4. Show proof of purchase.
5. Submit photos of the vehicle showing the majority of the vehicle, the VIN, and the odometer reading.
6. Submit a National Motor Vehicle Titling Information System (NMVTIS) data report.

So not much at all really. :rolleyes: I've already run into a road block since NADA doesn't provide values for military vehicles.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
A bit of an update on this thread. I was at the DMV last week transferring titles for a boat and trailer and bought all of the LMTV paperwork with me in the hope that I could get the beast titled and registered. I was told that I'll need to complete an Application for Break/Bond Title form and jump through the following hoops:

1. Obtain a value of the vehicle from www.nada.com (vehicle isn't in the database).
2. Obtain a three-year bond from a surety company in the amount equal to the value of the vehicle (what's this and what's it for?)
3. Have a LE officer complete a Stage 1 Vehicle/OHV Identification Number Inspection form.
4. Show proof of purchase.
5. Submit photos of the vehicle showing the majority of the vehicle, the VIN, and the odometer reading.
6. Submit a National Motor Vehicle Titling Information System (NMVTIS) data report.

So not much at all really. :rolleyes: I've already run into a road block since NADA doesn't provide values for military vehicles.
7. Slap a slow moving triangle on it and go about your business.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
7. Slap a slow moving triangle on it and go about your business.
:unsure: I have a couple of triangles laying around but I don't know the state law up here with regards to what qualifies. Thanks for that suggestion and I'll definitely look into it.