Anybody going to have the smoker fired up

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I was thinking about doing a small ham, and kinda wanted to do something s bit different that what I always do with ham inthe smoker. SO anybody have a rub or marinade they wouldnt mind sharing that is a little bit out of the ordinary, brown sugar rub.

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Hopefully. The ol' chargriller went to the the metal bin at the shop when we moved. It finally rusted out. So when we moved from the rental to the property, I decided it was time.

Told my wife I wanted a new pellet grill for my birthday.....

So we checked out a few places yesterday. And today we'll hopefully be coming home with one.

I have a tenderloin roast that work gave me that needs to be seasoned to perfection, and then some time with some hickory wood at the optimum temperature 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Plus, it won't fit in the small camper oven in our camper 🙄🙄😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
We're doing some chicken breasticles today. I've been making bacon with my buddy's tutoring lately. Got a sow belly going in Wednesday morning. I plan on stockpiling bellies this winter for smoking in the spring.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
After the newness and novelty wore off, my getting a Traeger, I use my smoker more for making Jerky.

I'm a BBQ type of cook if not cooking in the kitchen.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was thinking about doing a small ham, and kinda wanted to do something s bit different that what I always do with ham inthe smoker. SO anybody have a rub or marinade they wouldnt mind sharing that is a little bit out of the ordinary, brown sugar rub.
Traeger has some good recipes on their site too. I have a Timberline 850 model that I enjoy using.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well.... I'm the proud owner of a Pit Boss Navigator pellet smoker/ grill 👍👍👍👍👍

I'll post pictures tomorrow. Got it going through the initial burn off cycle. Then gonna just cook some burgers on it tonight to try it out 😁😁😁😁

Thanksgiving plans changed since my wife has to work Friday. One of the kids is working out of town through the holiday.

So my wife and I are going to our nieces house for Thanksgiving dinner.

We're have thankgiving with the kids later when on a weekend my wife isn't working and the sons in town.

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Will be smoking ribs on Thanksgiving. 3-2-1 method, but I do more of a 3-1 1/4-1 method. I like my ribs to have some tooth and not falling off the bone mush. Not doing my traditional fried turkey or standing rib roast this year. Just me and the SO this year. No kids, family, friends.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Mmmm best turkey I ever had was injected and deep fried! Delicious and moist!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Mmmm best turkey I ever had was injected and deep fried! Delicious and moist!
I always do the same thing for a turkey. It comes out so good, I don't dare change it.

I just inject it with creole butter, and then bake in a baking bag.

Little to no carving needed when it's done. The meat the flakes off with a fork 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Nothing here 😔 had last minute change of plans for the holiday…

plus side is, will have another project or two to add to the OTT list 😂

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well one more apple tree down, maybe some apple wood smoke,, and I pulled the ham out and it is a spiral cut, so much for the injections. Guess pineapple and brown sugar, some rum maybe just to give it the Island flavor,, OK maybe not.. Just me and cat anyways

wp6529

Equipment
B7100DT
Oct 31, 2023
TX
Well one more apple tree down, maybe some apple wood smoke,, and I pulled the ham out and it is a spiral cut, so much for the injections. Guess pineapple and brown sugar, some rum maybe just to give it the Island flavor,, OK maybe not.. Just me and cat anyways
If it were me, I'd de-bone the spiral cut, spread it out on a baking sheet or two and then smoke it for 30 min or so to heat and flavor right before serving.

Trbarlow

Equipment
LX2610
Jun 14, 2022
Aylesford, Nova Scotia
Brined Turkeys stuffed with peeled tangerines, onions, and apples. Seasoned with Lawrys seasoning salt. Smoked for 12 hours at 225F on the Lang 84!

IMG_1079.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Family is more spread out and unavailable this year. May be down to Wifey, Sweet Pea, one of the "growed" boys and me this year. We're thinking we might just get the Weber charcoal grille out and make a trip for some nice thick filets. Sweet Pea loves what she calls "meat on the gweal" :)

Reactions: 1 users

Countrylife

Equipment
L235, RTV 900
May 12, 2022
East Texas
We're doing a smoked turkey breast and heating up a spiral ham. It'll be just us and one son this year.

I've got a pellet smoker that was given to me because the temp controller would not maintain a temperature and would occasionally shut off. I replaced the controller with a 3rd party one and it works quite well now.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I do a spiral sliced ham in the smoker to reheat and get more flavor in it. Take the slices and fan them out and sprinkle in some of your favorite dry rub. I then use skewers to hold it back together. Smoke at 200 and pull the ham at 125.

Reactions: 1 users